Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noble's Wigan Job in Jeopardy.

• 21-06-2009 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

it appears that brian Noble's tenure as Wigan coach may be about to end. His position has been offered to NZ RLWC winning coach Stephen Kearney. Kearney has apparently declined to enter into negotiations on the basis that it may put his NZ job in question. However Ian Lenegan is reputed to have offered him the position, which would, on the face of it, make Noble's position virtually untenable....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/wigan/8111852.stm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

The rumblings have been evident at Wigan for some time but it must be very embarrassing for Lenegan for it come out that he is already making approaches to other coaches to replace Noble.:o

How this will effect the rest of Wigan's season will be very interesting! What if Wigan win the cup?!! Or will this turmoil cause their season to unravel?

What are the odds on Noble starting next season back at Odsal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Its been pretty obvious that something between him and Wigan just hasnt been right and him leaving was/is only a matter of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Its been pretty obvious that something between him and Wigan just hasnt been right and him leaving was/is only a matter of time.

Yeah apparently relations between him and Ian Lenegan make Madonna and Guy look like loves young dream..you may get your wish before long.....

toomevara wrote: »
    Yeah apparently relations between him and Ian Lenegan make Madonna and Guy look like loves young dream..you may get your wish before long.....

I think its only a wish as it would mean Mcnamara going (i just have such little faith in him as a head coach) and it would remind me of better times

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I think its only a wish as it would mean Mcnamara going (i just have such little faith in him as a head coach) and it would remind me of better times

Could you really see McNamara being retained if Bradford don't make the top 8?!!

Bradford have clearly embarked on a downward slide since he took charge. I really can't believe the Bull's fans would allow him to stay on for another season.

• Advertisement

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    Could you really see McNamara being retained if Bradford don't make the top 8?!!

Bradford have clearly embarked on a downward slide since he took charge. I really can't believe the Bull's fans would allow him to stay on for another season.

I could quite easily see him be retained and this would be a disaster imo

I was wanting him out before this season started but i just think the current board are happy to tick along and not spend any money tbh - the big issue at the club is a lack of cash. We've had this new stadium dragged out since the super league started and im just sick of it now.

The longer Mac stays the lower the crowds will drop, the less revenue we take and therefore a lower salary cap with the knock on effect of bad recruits continuing to come in. Its sad but it has to change ASAP.

Advertisement