Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico usage charts

• 21-06-2009 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

So I have perlico for 2 and a half months now
    the first month and a half I didn't set up the broadband

I am on the pay as you use package with a minimum charge of 2.50 and a max of 19.99 a month

I then emailed them asking if it was possible to buy a wireless router off them,
    I very soon after got an email saying that a free router had been sent to me,
    I then got this 4 more times in quick succession and low and behold 5 routers turn up at my door the next day.

anyway since I have set one up I have not been charged above the minimum fee of 2.50 and the usage statistics on their site still indicate that I have never used the internet.

Has anyone any experience of their usage statistics been off?

I am definitely not connecting via a different network for eg. a neighbours wireless, it is definitely through perlico.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

hmm, anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

5 routers? XD

We have the same problem, according to perlico online we are not using any packages even though we've been using broadband for more than a month. What do the usage statistics show? How much you've downloaded and uploaded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Xivilai wrote: »
    5 routers? XD

We have the same problem, according to perlico online we are not using any packages even though we've been using broadband for more than a month. What do the usage statistics show? How much you've downloaded and uploaded?

So the perlico download and upload manger does not work on perlico user accounts? then how do they/we know how much we are using?

So i take it im the only perlico user here...hymm :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Use a 3rd party utility like Netmeter - only good if you're using one computer connected to the internet though.

The usage meter hasn't been working for months now. I e-mailed them about it, but they never replied.

• Advertisement

polyfusion wrote: »
    Use a 3rd party utility like Netmeter - only good if you're using one computer connected to the internet though.

The usage meter hasn't been working for months now. I e-mailed them about it, but they never replied.

So if someone hacks into my perlico network and downloads a lot of stuff I will get charged for overusage?

are thye charging you for usage though? the last 4 months they think I haven't been using it and are just charging 2.50 a month

are thye charging you for usage though? the last 4 months they think I haven't been using it and are just charging 2.50 a month

No i pay 46e a month for phone and broadband but if someone hacked into my network then would i have to pay for that then?

life is too short for those kinds of worries

Advertisement