Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trumped austin

Options
  • 21-06-2009 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking for some advice. Don't know if i'm posting in the right area but if not feel free to move the thread.

I did a weeks electrical work for a guy who runs his own contracting business. Myself and a friend who is a carpenter took on the work and finished it, as agreed within one week but now nearly 5 weeks after completing the work he hasn't payed us a penny.

We've been ringing him every few days but he keeps fobbing us off and about a week ago he texted me saying he had taken a heart attack due to stress and would be in hospital for a while. It turned out to be a pack of lies as he is currently in spain on business.

I now realise that he has no intention of paying us and was wondering what steps i can take to get the money he owes us. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

If you were employed on a self employed basis you will have to send him a written invoice detailing the work done and the dates. Make a written record of the original estimate.
    If there is no response you will have to engage a solicitor and sue. The success of the case will depend on the quality of your documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

As he hasnt paid you, you could go and remove any materials that belong to you, a main switch would do the trick, it would upset him without doing any damage.

Advertisement