Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question re: €1 for one month gold offer

• 21-06-2009 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

was thinking of getting this as i have a few games to play online but was wondering if there as any way to stop it automatically renewing automatically at full price at the end of the month?

As i dont need it to often i just usually get a code when i have something to play online (not very often)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

1 euro for the first month?

link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kev9652

calex71 wrote: »
    was thinking of getting this as i have a few games to play online but was wondering if there as any way to stop it automatically renewing automatically at full price at the end of the month?

As i dont need it to often i just usually get a code when i have something to play online (not very often)
    you have to ring up microsoft support to cancel it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kev9652

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

kev9652 wrote: »
    you have to ring up microsoft support to cancel it

If i buy now and ring up right away to cancel will i get the month ? just cant afford to have it renew on my stupid recession and joblessness an' all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Is this a credit card job? May have changed since but I recall a friend having a horrendous time trying to cancel his credit card account with Microsoft, they don't take too well to giving back credit card details once they've got them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Does every xbox not come with a free 1 mnth gold trial anyway? They sure used to.

Edit: no cc details required, just a live/hotmail email addy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I used a 3V card that only had 4 euro left on it so good luck to them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ha snap!! And mine also had just the 4 quid left on it. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I wanted to try out the 1 euro for 1 month offer myself.

I wanted to ask does it take long for them to unsubscribe you from the monthly gold renewals?

What if I just sign up to gold for the 1 euro for 1 month and then on the last day of that month gave them a call asking them to cancel the gold subscription so I don't get charged monthly would they be able to cancel it before I'd be charged for the next month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I thought that all new 360 accounts came with the ability to turn off automatic renewals from the account management section?

I know I can't because my account originated on the original Xbox :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Screw it I just tried it and they won't accept my wirecard number.
    Everytime it comes up as "Please enter a valid credit card number".

I guess they're barring wirecards now.
    So they have no other payment options.
    It's credit card or nothing over here.
    I'll have to forget about it.

Tried it again and now it accepts the number and says credit card can not be authorised. Please contact your credit card company bla bla bla.

I've seen threads about real credit cards bringing up the same message.
    So not worth the bother.

They've now reserved 17 euros out of my wirecard account for nothing.

Advertisement