Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson w810i randomly turning off

• 21-06-2009 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

I've had my Sony Ericsson w810i for just over two years now and I've noticed over the last 8 weeks or so, it will randomly turn off. When I say turn off, I don't mean it goes through the shutdown sequence, it just goes off. This can happen when I put it down on a table or into my pocket, even with the battery fully charged. When it happens I can just turn on the phone again with no problems. I tried re-installing the software on it, which didn't fix the problem, and the memory card in it reads fine, so I don't think that can be a problem. I also tried taking out the battery and making sure the contacts were clean.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

delta36 wrote: »
    I've had my Sony Ericsson w810i for just over two years now and I've noticed over the last 8 weeks or so, it will randomly turn off. When I say turn off, I don't mean it goes through the shutdown sequence, it just goes off. This can happen when I put it down on a table or into my pocket, even with the battery fully charged. When it happens I can just turn on the phone again with no problems. I tried re-installing the software on it, which didn't fix the problem, and the memory card in it reads fine, so I don't think that can be a problem. I also tried taking out the battery and making sure the contacts were clean.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

I had that exact same problem on my W810i. I sent it away for repair, within warranty, and received a W910i as a replacement. It was either because the repair was worth more than the phone or because the problem wasn't able to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Hmm, so that's bad news for me no matter which one of those is true, it's well out of warranty. I googled the problem and it seems others have had the same problem, and with no solution at all. Oh well, thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

It's a common problem with Sony Ericcson phones. Often with phones, it can be due to the battery connectors being dirty or loose. Try cleaning the battery connectors with alcohol or put some paper behind battery to ensure better fit / connetction. Since you have a Sony Ericcson, I would say it is more likely that it's a hardware / software issue that most Sony Ericcson phones have. I had two, and both would turn off randomly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TT Bone

It sounds like a software issue - you can download the latest software from the sony ericcsson site- that should sort it!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

A common problem? Great.. Well, the battery isn't loose at all as far as I can tell, and the connectors are clean. I also did a total reinstall of the software using their site. Guess I'm stuck with the problem now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement