Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Existent Closing Date!

Options
  • 21-06-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just checking if any-one has any stories and experiences to share as regards not being considered for a job or being refused a Position, and reasons they were given for not being considered for the Post.

I recently applyed for a job, and subsequently received a Letter back from the Employer stating that I could not be considered for the Position, as my Application was received after the Closing Date. However there was NO Closing Date given on the Job Advert. to have Applications in by!! (I know you should apply straight away to look good and be efficient, but this Job I saw was in another County than the Counties I would usually browse, and I just thought what have I got to lose, and I applied as soon as I saw it, which was a week later.) :-{

There is a "Display until" date of a month a.f.a.I.k. for any Jobs to be advertised on this, unless the Employer has requested a specific Closing Date for the Applications to be in by, which had no Closing Date of Application included for this particular Job. And so it would have been intended to be advertised for another two weeks anyway! :-?

But five weeks later after I applied, I received the Employer's Letter, that I could not be considered as my Application was received after the (albeit non-existent in my mind!) Closing Date!!! :-/

It's so annoying that they claim I was late applying yet it's ironic that it took them over a month to get back to me!!! :-}

I find it extremely frustrating and disconcerting at the very least, that they have came up with this as their reason not to consider me! :-#

Advertisement