Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unauthorised Developments

Options
  • 21-06-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions why Kildare has the lowest success rate?

ud.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

HA!

I've nothing to add to this - only a part time resident in Kildare at best - but i love that graph.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Joe Public wrote: »
    Any suggestions why Kildare has the lowest success rate?

ud.jpg

Post it here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I can't find that graph linked on the Celbridge Tidy Towns site so have you got the original source for it? It's a very subjective graph without the background material backing it up. For example, if there was only 1 unauthorised development in a county and it was prosecuted then that skews that county to 100%. Conversely if there were 10 challenged but only one was found to be unauthorised and that was allowed proceed then that skews the result to 0% without respect to the original suspect ones. And is any development unauthorised before it is challenged?

I think that the original source and source material is needed before comment is made.

And @charlesanto - he's asking the question about Kildare - it's perfectly valid here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Macros42 wrote: »
    I can't find that graph linked on the Celbridge Tidy Towns site so have you got the original source for it? It's a very subjective graph without the background material backing it up. For example, if there was only 1 unauthorised development in a county and it was prosecuted then that skews that county to 100%. Conversely if there were 10 challenged but only one was found to be unauthorised and that was allowed proceed then that skews the result to 0% without respect to the original suspect ones. And is any development unauthorised before it is challenged?

I think that the original source and source material is needed before comment is made.

And @charlesanto - he's asking the question about Kildare - it's perfectly valid here.

Marcos42,

Your points are very valid and I am endeavouring to get more related info to add more credibility to the chart. You can take it that there are many more than 1 challenged genuine UDs each year in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Joe Public wrote: »
    Marcos42,

Your points are very valid and I am endeavouring to get more related info to add more credibility to the chart. You can take it that there are many more than 1 challenged genuine UDs each year in Kildare.

Oh I wasn't implying there was only 1 - it was just an example of how statistics can be presented in certain lights. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Macros42 wrote: »

Sorry dude, i never questioned the validity of the post I merely pointed OP in a direction where he might get some opinions from people who know something about planning.
    Your lesson on statistics is obviously much more beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

banquo wrote: »
    HA!

I've nothing to add to this - only a part time resident in Kildare at best - but i love that graph.

You know where to go so - full time. Only a bitter person for all the wrong reasons would love this graph.

Advertisement