Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dome beside Clayton Hotel

Options
  • 21-06-2009 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

The dome shot up there last week and had a big crowd for the opening gig with waterboys and blizzards. The waterboys are supposed to be playing there and it's gonna be up for the races.

Do yea know what else is planned, who playing etc.:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

It was Saw Doctors and The Blizzards. UB40 there on the 1st Aug. About 58 euro a ticket:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I was there for the gig on Friday - was pretty good. They plan on keeping it up all summer (during the races, etc) and getting plenty of acts there each week. It's fairly solid, lots of conrete... not too bad a venue so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Ya was a good gig alright,
    as for the price of beer in the Clayton........€5 a pop..........robbin b*stards...........BYO next time..:D:D:D:D

coup1917 wrote: »
    Ya was a good gig alright,
    as for the price of beer in the Clayton........€5 a pop..........robbin b*stards...........BYO next time..:D:D:D:D

Big time.. 4 bottles of miller... 20 quid. :eek: I felt like running over to Dunnes and grabbing 20 bottles for that price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I can't wait for the Waterboys gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

http://www.galwaynews.ie/7880-new-concert-venue-draw-top-acts

Ya, Waterboys on July 31 and UB40 on Aug 1. There was a mention of Bell X1 also, but no confirmation. And Riverdance too!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

sgthighway wrote: »
    It was Saw Doctors and The Blizzards. UB40 there on the 1st Aug. About 58 euro a ticket:eek:

Absolute madness, don't they know there's a recesshhhhion goin on :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

soundbyte wrote: »
    http://www.galwaynews.ie/7880-new-concert-venue-draw-top-acts

Ya, Waterboys on July 31 and UB40 on Aug 1. There was a mention of Bell X1 also, but no confirmation. And Riverdance too!

I'll go if Bell X1 are playing, thinking of heading to Cork on Friday for the gig too. Might go to Waterboys too. Wouldn't go to UB40 if they were playing in my back garden...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I was in Derry at the weekend and it's 1.50 for pints and bottles...
    This country sucks !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

How do you find out what bands are playing there? Not much on the Clayton website about the venue.

• Advertisement

Dunno s_carnage, I get e-mails from Waterboys group that's how I found out.

Were The Saw Doctors and The Blizzards on the same night coz I have never had to pay more than €25 for a Saw Doctors gig so it must be the Blizzards crowd that were charging! Which is madness coz they are, IMO, c**p.

[-0-] wrote: »
    Big time.. 4 bottles of miller... 20 quid. :eek: I felt like running over to Dunnes and grabbing 20 bottles for that price!!
    24 for €19.99 at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 umpirestrike

Do any of you think that the Clayton Dome makes the hotel look a bit rough. On one side ya have fine sharp buildings and then ya have this flimsy thing that looks have permanent and half tent. Must be desperate to get punters in for the races if thats the case.

mars bar wrote: »
    Dunno s_carnage, I get e-mails from Waterboys group that's how I found out.

Were The Saw Doctors and The Blizzards on the same night coz I have never had to pay more than €25 for a Saw Doctors gig so it must be the Blizzards crowd that were charging! Which is madness coz they are, IMO, c**p.

Ya the Blizzards were on first, then the Saw Doctors. It was a private gig for Boston Scientific. I don't work there, but was vip and drank back stage for free. It was when the booze ran out that I had to fork out for the miller. I wonder what the Clayton's prices will be during race week this year.. I remember Diageo ordered them not to sell loads of beer last year.. like Heineken or Bulmers. I think they only had Carlsberg and Guinness on tap. They wouldn't wanna do that again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I wonder could you bring your own drink in? If you can, I bet people will pay a visit to Dunnes before future gigs. Fair play!

Ya the Blizzards were on first, then the Saw Doctors. It was a private gig for Boston Scientific. I don't work there, but was vip and drank back stage for free. It was when the booze ran out that I had to fork out for the miller. I wonder what the Clayton's prices will be during race week this year.. I remember Diageo ordered them not to sell loads of beer last year.. like Heineken or Bulmers. I think they only had Carlsberg and Guinness on tap. They wouldn't wanna do that again this year.

Ah right, I was wondering why I wasn't there! I am Saw Doctors mad, have seen them 20 times!

That's mad about the drink though. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

is ireland being a bit gigged out at the min?Their trying to do a marquee like cork

Maybe someone did read my post about trying to do what they do in the Marquee in Cork!!

I'm all for it! Gigs in Dublin, Cork and Galway. Keeps everyone happy, no need to spend huge bucks on travelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GalwayGrl09

i live over behind dunnes in da estate && it was goin on until around 2 in da mornin.. der was a gud enough dj && derr was people out in da street drinkin listenin ta da music haha!..
    but when westlife were playin in pearse stadium, the residents around there got paid a load of money because of the noise. to be fair, i think dat we should get some money to or even be let in 2 da concerts for free cos it was very loud, and none of the small kids would go 2 bed because of it like =P ha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Txtspk hurts little puppies

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

One might get somewhere with a complaint were one to eschew txt doggerel .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

i live over behind dunnes in da estate && it was goin on until around 2 in da mornin.. der was a gud enough dj && derr was people out in da street drinkin listenin ta da music haha!..
    but when westlife were playin in pearse stadium, the residents around there got paid a load of money because of the noise. to be fair, i think dat we should get some money to or even be let in 2 da concerts for free cos it was very loud, and none of the small kids would go 2 bed because of it like =P ha

No they didn't, is any of your txtspk true?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    And where on earth did you hear they did? source????
    Definitely not, I have relations very close to the Stadium, no one got any money, and why should they?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've no sympathy for txt-drivel, or baseless claims about money.

But there is an interesting question about how they got planning for a facility like this, obviously with very little sound-containment in the building, so close to a mainly residential area.

('Tis tempting to say "try living in the inner city, you'll get noise all the time" - but the key difference is that residents out there don't live in the inner city, so should assume they can avoid this sort of thing.)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

You don't need planning for a temporary structure if it holds under X amount of people and you on't need an Events Licence if there are less than X amount of 'events'.

Advertisement