Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwarranted Infraction

Options
  • 21-06-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

I received an infraction which was in my opinion unwarranted.

Ruggiebear gave me the infraction for what he described as "Back Seat Modding"

For this comment.

"Still [faux offended mode] a Mod... trolling and fishing like that... All aboard the offended bus[/faux offended mode][/quote]"

My comment was made in reply to Tim Robbins who said something along the lines of "the Leinster players must be delighted to be keeping Felix Jones" a player who had a very good game for Ireland in the Churchill Cup and who has in fact joined Munster.

My response was clearly not serious and not meant to be anything other then a joke yet RuggieBear has handed out an infraction for it.

I asked via PM that he have a look at it again and that if he would not look at it again I would seek impartial consideration.

His response to my request was very immature.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Apologies admins but i seem to have access rights from the previous complaints against me.
    I deleted your first post of back seat moderating.

You then posted it again as a "joke".
    which i edited out and then infracted you for.

Oh and please feel free to post all the pms if you like so that one and all can see my "immature response"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

RuggieBear wrote: »
    Apologies admins but i seem to have access rights from the previous complaints against me.
    I deleted your first post of back seat moderating.

You then posted it again as a "joke".
    which i edited out and then infracted you for.

Oh and please feel free to post all the pms if you like so that one and all can see my "immature response"...

That is misleading, as you deleted the first post of mine that you had an issue with but you didn't inform me that you had an issue. You are implying that I saw your delete and then had another go, that is clearly not the case.

Moreover as my first post was on a different page I didn't realise you an issue with it or had deleted it.

Had you informed me that you had a problem that would have been the end of it.

The only thing you posted that is visible was a request to keep the replies on topic which was posted as I was in the process of replying so did not see.

Moreover the first post you deleted was also a joke and was clearly intended to be so.

The crux of the issue here is your allegation that I was back seat modding when in fact I was not.

I ask you again to have a look at the infraction and view the post in the spirit that it was intended and not take offense or issue with something that was nether offensive nor clearly intended to be what you think it was.

Advertisement