Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Lou McDonald - The Week in Politics

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I think the underlying question here is; Why wasn't Gay Mitchel, Joe Higgins, or Proinsias De Rossa on 'The week in politics' following the Euro Elections? and why was Mary Lou pushed forward after her defeat!

If there was a general election next week & Fine Gael won, headed by Enda Kenny, I would expect to see Enda Kenny being asked the hard questions on the Politics show (and not the defeated Brian Cowan).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

Sully wrote: »
    Unless I am mistaken, Mary Lou McDonald no longer has a position of power. She is neither a TD, Local Councillor or MEP.

She is still an MEP until the first sitting of the parliament on the 14th July at which time all new MEP's take their seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 mrtaylor1981

I would reintroduce Section 31 and ban the terrorist apologists regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Its in her interest to keep her face on TV so that she has a chance at a TD seat in the next general election. No one can blame her for that. It was always her stated aim she wanted to be a TD rather than an MEP. I might not agree with her poilitics but its all about promotion in their game so you might be seeing her a lot in the next 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

kmick wrote: »
    I might not agree with her poilitics but its all about promotion in their game so you might be seeing her a lot in the next 12 months.

Oh please God no, I hope you are wrong .............
    That harsh voice, the categorical statements "let me be perfectly clear" "I am speaking" "we will decide when this happens" the hectoring, "the bleedin obvious soundbites", she should be gagged :)

I cant stand the woman or her SF policies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement