Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry storm maps?

• 21-06-2009 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

does anyone know how to get the maps working?keeps saying network error.Went and downloaded google maps and it keeps saying network error?Need help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

There's not a lot of info there so its hard to know what happened. I have a storm with google maps and it just worked from day one.
    Who is your carrier? Vodafone or some other.
    Do you have a data plan/blackberry plan?
    Is your internet connection working? I presume that it is and you downloaded over the air.
    Is GPS switched on? I am not sure but I think you have the option to switch on/off gps.
    You should look at the 9500 forums on www.crackberry.com. They seem to have the most knowledgeable posters. This other forum might also be helpful - https://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/forum/7-blackberry-storm/.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Do you get the following?

Network unavailable, This app requires a data connection blah blah blah? I have a Pearl and this has started appearing in the last 2 weeks when I launch google maps, and I have every data package going etc so not sure what the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 37 The Dukie

I'm with vodafone. Have pay as you go sim in it. Was my dads and he has a bill!Don't know how to switch gps off and on?Yea internet connection is working. Its how i downloaded google maps.
    Do you get the following?

Network unavailable, This app requires a data connection blah blah blah? I have a Pearl and this has started appearing in the last 2 weeks when I launch google maps, and I have every data package going etc so not sure what the story is
    Yea!Keep getting that and don't know what to do!It's kinda getting on my nerves as don't want to get sat nav if i can get the gps working.

Advertisement