Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scurlogstown 09

Options
  • 21-06-2009 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

If ye missed the craic today ye missed one of the best Olympiads ever. Fantastic day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Valentia wrote: »
    If ye missed the craic today ye missed one of the best Olympiads ever. Fantastic day.

any pix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Hundreds! Still downloading off the card. It will be a few days before I post them methinks. Knackered and need food. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

feic, feic, feic.... :mad:

(you'll guess i missed it)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Didn't go and they should have reduced the entry price imho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

greendom wrote: »
    Didn't go and they should have reduced the entry price imho

How much was entrance this year?

Now that you mention it, I wasn't in Trim yesterday but as I drove back in last night and saw the remains of the day in the porches, and I commented that I hadn't been, my wife reminded me that we did intend going one year but when we added up the cost to bring the family (parents plus a couple of children) it was money which was better spent elsewhere.

If I had been about yesterday I may have dropped down but when you do multiples of cost, I agree it can be somewhat off putting. I don't think it should be free but perhaps a review of potential cost sharing models would be in order.

Again, wasn't around yesterday so they could have been letting people in for free for all I know but it can be an issue should anyone involved be reading this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 oslosinclair

heard it was amazing. It was rumour there were 10,000 people through the gates at one stage! Does that sound right to you.

Did you hear the morning ireland report?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0622/morningireland.html

www.trimswiftfestival.com

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    How much was entrance this year?

It was a €10, (€20 for a family which wasn't too bad I suppose), but half that would have been fair imho.

I can't ever remember €10 better spent to be honest. It was by a mile the best value for money event I was ever at and I have no vested interest whatsoever.

I just saw a sigh at the Navan Gate lights for some puppet show (I think) next weekend and it is €40 for a family. The variety of music, events, drama, culture, crafts, sheaf tossing, rolling in the hay (a highlight!) and and the dozens of other things that I didn't have time to see was just amazing. It wouldn't surprise me if there was over 10,000 there but it was so well organised and spread out it was always comfortable. The people who are there for days before at 6.30 in the morning and all involved should be fierce proud of themselves!

The highlight for me was the tinsmith:

F8053B2827BE48C78395C66BEE81C090-500.jpg

Did you hear the morning ireland report?
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0622/morningireland.html

Thanks a million for the link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Graffogefarms

It was a great day, my goats and the cart were very popular - got to aim at doing rides for next year or at Trim Show.Bridget

• Advertisement
Advertisement