Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC Medicine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

JSK 252 wrote: »
    HAHA I'll covert half of pharmacy 1st years to FG!;)

We'll take that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pharmer08

any one got any thoughts on the optional module for first year?? anyting horribly complicated or boring that should be avoided??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

pharmer08 wrote: »
    any one got any thoughts on the optional module for first year?? anyting horribly complicated or boring that should be avoided??

Spanish is very, very easy. Studied the night before and got 90%. Gives you lots of time to work hard for the ones that matter. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

Optional module for first med? there is none

Optional module for first med? there is none
    There is, just did it last year.:)

http://www.ucc.ie/en/DepartmentsCentresandUnits/SchoolofMedicine/CurrentStudents/CourseInformation/ssm/

• Advertisement

You'll choose some time in the first week. If you want to know anything you can PM me.:D

K, thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rgnmb

anything to avoid??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 GingerNut!

I'm very confused....just finished registering but i'm not sure when i should pick the optional module...and also WHICH ONE?:confused:

• Advertisement

rgnmb wrote: »
    anything to avoid??

Some people really hated epidemiology. Most seemed happy, or at least said theirs was okay.

Science in society's very popular, no lectures first term, all at 6 o'clock in the second.

Some found stats intimidating, but I hear nursing courses contain quite a bit of those, so you might find that really easy.

GingerNut! wrote: »
    I'm very confused....just finished registering but i'm not sure when i should pick the optional module...and also WHICH ONE?:confused:

They give you a talk about that first week. I'd pick one you'll find easy, to give yourself time to concentrate on the core subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 GingerNut!

They give you a talk about that first week. I'd pick one you'll find easy, to give yourself time to concentrate on the core subjects.

Okay thank you so much! I was worried for a second! Can't wait now!

GingerNut! wrote: »
    Okay thank you so much! I was worried for a second! Can't wait now!

It's BRILLIANT!

Well I love it anyway. You most likely will, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ahwellokay

Does anyone know what happens when there's a clash on the timetable?
    eg. the tuesday there seems to be a lecture starting halfway through another lecture

It's probably wrong, or else it's done by group.

If you haven't had orientation yet, someone can tell you there.

Good luck!:)

Thanks! :)

All excited now, can't wait to hear about the optional modules, thinking of doing irish... not sure though.

ahwellokay wrote: »
    Thanks! :)

All excited now, can't wait to hear about the optional modules, thinking of doing irish... not sure though.

Apparently Irish was good. I think they went to the gaeltacht for a weekend last year.

Med's the best thing ever. You'll wonder what you ever did before. You will drive all your non-med friends mad with it. You'll frustrate yourself, be too hard on yourself, but it's so, so very rewarding.

I know I'm just spouting parenting cliches, now, but it's true!

Yeah, keep having non-med friends gasp and sigh at the amount of hours I'll have ''oh you'll have no free time, oh you'll have to work soooo hard'' etc...

And I really don't care! :D

It's obviously going to be a challenge, I'm sure it'll be worth it though. Lol, I can see them imploding in horror at the thought of me taking Irish as an optional module... May as well embrace the nerdiness! :)

Was the library project around as a module last year? Any thoughts? Seems to be mostly self directed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PeterMC

Hey all you new UCC med heads!

Check out www.ucc.ie/medsoc for the brand new MedSoc website...

We'll see you on Tuesday!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

So where do we go for registration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

So where do we go for registration?

Anyone ?

Website says UCC Campus and Brookfield Health Sciences Complex.
    Pack they sent out says Kampus Kitchen.
    Friends say Boole basement.

Confusing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pharmer08

pretty sure its in boole 4 at nine? we move to brookefield then for the afternoon, or so says the timetable i found anyway??

http://www.ucc.ie/en/ProspectiveStudents/Orientation/OMH/

pretty sure its in boole 4 at nine? we move to brookefield then for the afternoon, or so says the timetable i found anyway??

http://www.ucc.ie/en/ProspectiveStudents/Orientation/OMH/

Makes sense ! Thank you ! :)

Some found stats intimidating, but I hear nursing courses contain quite a bit of those, so you might find that really easy.

lol

Jeebus wrote: »
    lol
    I said what I said because rgnmb is a qualified nurse. I was not underestimating/understating the difficulty of nursing courses, which are very intense and certainly nothing to be laughed at.

I said what I said because rgnmb is a qualified nurse. I was not underestimating/understating the difficulty of nursing courses, which are very intense and certainly nothing to be laughed at.

I figured it was something like that, don't worry ! It just sounded pretty funny :)

So did I miss anything Tuesday? still working til Friday!!!

• Advertisement

rgnmb wrote: »
    So did I miss anything Tuesday? still working til Friday!!!

My friend missed it last year, and really missed nothing of significance.

I'd say probably not!

Can you wait for Monday? I can't. :)

Advertisement