Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number plates

• 22-06-2009 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I know of a person with an automatic reaction to any and all registration plates of all types which compels him to add up the individual numbers therein and even stranger, must add them up in numerical order!!

Is there a name for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I would say that is more of an obsessive compulsive disorder than a phobia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

I have a bit of a weirdness like this - it's not OCD in my case, I really don't have to do it - but if I'm the passenger in a car and I'm bored, I sometimes add/subtract/multiply/divide the numbers in different combinations to try and get a certain number ... but as I said, it's more just a game I play with myself out of boredom rather than a compulsion, I don't often do it and I certainly don't feel the need to!! It's a bit sad though I must admit :o

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

Countdown much, aoibhebree? :)
    Yeah, sounds OCD to me too. I like to(have to ;) ) keep things(objects) uniform myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

aoibhebree wrote: »
    I have a bit of a weirdness like this - it's not OCD in my case, I really don't have to do it - but if I'm the passenger in a car and I'm bored, I sometimes add/subtract/multiply/divide the numbers in different combinations to try and get a certain number ... but as I said, it's more just a game I play with myself out of boredom rather than a compulsion, I don't often do it and I certainly don't feel the need to!! It's a bit sad though I must admit :o

What's your number?

Advertisement