Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum maintenance grant?

Options
  • 22-06-2009 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the maximum maintenance grant is. I spoke to a women in school at the grant information evening and she said that according to my circumstances I would be entitled to €9,000

On studentfinance.ie is says that the maximum is €6,000

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Truss

She may have meant in total you would receive around €9,000 - as in the max amount they will pay for your fees is €6,270 then add the maintence onto that of a maximum of €3,420 thats around 9,500k - there is no €9,000 maintence...the max is €6,690 which is the special rate, to get that you must be receiving social welfare payments or another form/s of government relief to qualify.

There's no €9,000 bracket in maintence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tararose

Hi, I am wondering am I entitled to the special maintenance grant? I am 21, from Carlow and I am doing social care in WIT. I failed first year exams but repeated the year externally which means I didn't repeat lectures but I could still repeat exams. So now I am looking forward to going into second year. I got the full maintenance grant in first year. My sister is also going into second year this year. We come from a one parent family with five children and my dad is on the dole. During the last year while I was repeating the exams I got a part time job but that fell in and I was forced to go on jobseekers allowance up unti I start college. I was wondering if this would interfere with my entitlements to the full or special maintenance grant? Because I wasn't in full time education last year and I had to go on JSA my dad wasn't claiming for me.

Advertisement