Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 250mb internet add-on

• 22-06-2009 1:40am
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Anyone using it? How easy is it to eat into it? Occasional google maps. checking mail, checking news sites, checking boards etc.. light enough use...

250mb seems a bit stingy, or is it enough? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

conzymaher wrote: »
    Anyone using it? How easy is it to eat into it? Occasional google maps. checking mail, checking news sites, checking boards etc.. light enough use...

I use it... Using it as we speak. I find it handy for checkin email boards and the like. If you were using youtube you'd burn through it no prob otherwise 250mb is plenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I just got to the limit last month but I was using youtube a good bit. Be careful though because there's no warning when it runs out, only when you hit €150 which you will within about 5 minutes on youtube. You can check how much is left by texting Data Balance to 50104

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

conzymaher wrote: »

For what you describe, it is plenty.

I used it with my iPhone and I even streamed radio stations. Only went over the limit on one (very expensive) occasion.

And yes, for €10 it is very stingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

I use the Meteor 250mb add-on for the same purpose you state (am online most days) and only use about 30-40mb a month. I visit most sites using opera-mini and news sites designed for mobile phones.

Haven't used it for youtube which would use quite a bit as others have indicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    You can check how much is left by texting Data Balance to 50104

Didn't know that, very handy.

I've used all 250mbs on a few occasions, but thankfully I noticed when I still had a meg or two to go, and so I switched off push email and changed all my access points to wifi, so I've never gone over by more than a few kb.

Easy on the youtube is your best advice, otherwise you'll be grand.

Advertisement