Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you let your partner know you're not in the mood for sex?

Options
  • 22-06-2009 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Leading on from the other thread.
    I know its customary for the op to answer the question first, but I'm very inexperienced on this one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

big jumper and socks and pj bottoms... i put that all on and its a total tell tell sign that i am not in the mood!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

*Page* wrote: »
    big jumper and socks and pj bottoms... i put that all on and its a total tell tell sign that i am not in the mood!

Wouldn't stop me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What's wrong with just saying "I'm not in the mood"??

Set the presedent now so from now on you and your partner can just tell each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

MrStuffins wrote: »
    What's wrong with just saying "I'm not in the mood"??

Thats usualy what stops me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

never had to say it.... then again there is very rare times i'm not in the mood.... sickness being the main time, hence the outfit of choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

mines just blergh go away but i give in 5 minutes later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Not respond to the advances?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

This is probably quite unhelpful, but the only time I'd be not in the mood would be if I wasn't feeling well; ie, cramps, upset stomach, sore back, crippling migraine - so I tend to just be honest, but politely. "Do you mind if we don't? I feel sick/have a migraine/have cramps..."

I guess you could apply the same to just not being in the mood... I think honesty is the best policy when it comes to things like this. Avoidance and excuses is just going to lead to resentment.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

will you ever feck off, i am trying to sleep/eat dinner/watch telly/read/cut the grass/paint/driving or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

Good old fashioned apple tart (fart) & scratch your hole

Works a treat everytime

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I hate being told "I'm not in the mood"! Give it 2 minutes and you will be.... That said, hearing that makes me totally back off. Nothing else does. Avoidance etc just annoys me cos I'd rather just be told outright that it's a no go. Shamefully, "I have my period" seldom works either...... Hah.

Advertisement