Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melbourne Beers, Fri 26th?

Options
  • 22-06-2009 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone! There are a few new arrivals to Melbourne including myself and as a couple of people have already mentioned the possibility of a boards beer I thought I would post this up and try and get something properly organized to see if people where actual interested in doing this.

If anyone is interested then please reply to this and if we have enough numbers I could book an area or something depending on where we want to meet and how many people we have. Also if anyone has suggestions as to where we should meet that would be great. I know a few places but not having been here that long would be happy to hear any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I'm in. The other times we've met we've gone to The Irish Times in the city, which has been good as it's not too noisy for chatting in. We've never had a big enough group to warrant booking a space anywhere, usually whoever shows up first will get a table for everyone to sit around and we'll expand and borrow chairs as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'm in provisionally - it depends if something I've already arranged to do locally falls through though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Provisional me too... I'm meeting the manager of the bar my girlfriend works in tomorrow, and I don't overly expect to be thrown on the roster immediately for Friday night, so if I'm free, I'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

im out... but still awaiting pics from last one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

At the moment we only have 2 yeses and 2 maybes so if any of you guys want to do this then say so otherwise maybe we should just wait until we get better numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dots84

Hey...ya id be up for friday night if it goes ahead..only got here yesturday so no other plans:)

I'm in if it's happening, definite now.

Well Im still up for it should we say 6:30 at The Irish Times (427 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Have fun, guys, I have an appointment at the local that means I won't be heading in. Always up for doing it some time again in the future though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Doc wrote: »
    Well Im still up for it should we say 6:30 at The Irish Times (427 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000)?

Yeah I should be in around 7, I will wear something with Zambia on it.

• Advertisement

I'll be there about 7:30, so! half-hourly arrivals w00t...

I'll be along at some point. Probably after 8. See you guys then! :)

Hmmm.... Did we plan anything on finding each other.... *stand*

I'm wearing a brown top with an m on it, but i don't really know who to look for...

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Land o Jaysus

Missed out on this i guess- too late to the post..

Damo

Well we all found each other in the end :) T'was a good night, we should do it again sometime. But whatever happened to Doc we wonder?

uuuuuuuuurrrrggghhh.....

lovely to meet you guys, had a great time... somewhat less lovely to fall asleep on my Nightrider and wake up somewhere called Mentone or something on the way to Mornington, and had the worst/first hangover I've had in years this morning due to an early rise... But it was worth it!

And yes... The Doc, what happened to ya?

passive wrote: »

And yes... The Doc, what happened to ya?

Yea sorry guys I left my wallet in work on Friday so I had no cash all weekend and had no way of contacting anyone. Really regret not getting to meet you guys but there’s always next time!

Advertisement