Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6680

• 22-06-2009 3:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Currently use a 6234, Have a 6680 that needs to be unlocked off the 3 network. Is the 6680 a good phone ? Has a 1gig mem card, Is it worth getting it unlocked ? I have never used it, it was the brothers phone. Basically is the 6680 any good ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

It was good for its time but it's been far surpassed by newer models

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

thelurch wrote: »
    Currently use a 6234, Have a 6680 that needs to be unlocked off the 3 network. Is the 6680 a good phone ? Has a 1gig mem card, Is it worth getting it unlocked ? I have never used it, it was the brothers phone. Basically is the 6680 any good ?

I liked it when i had it yes. As you getting it unlocked from 3 may not be the best option, you are going to be charged €27 and have spent €130 on credit thats if your on 3pay. For billpay its €25. 3 have had problems unlocking the 6680, so if they cant unlock it you have the option for swapping it for another model, most likely a refurb model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Davy wrote: »
    3 have had problems unlocking the 6680, so if they cant unlock it you have the option for swapping it for another model, most likely a refurb model.

That's gone for quite a while now. They admitted to being able to unlock it a few weeks after the locking algorithm was cracked and you could get it unlocked yourself anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye, thats what i meant to say, better off getting it done yourself in a shop

Advertisement