Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession.. What Recession

Options
  • 22-06-2009 4:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

There is no Recession in Letterkenny when Businesses feel it wise and OK to charge Kids €20 for a ticket to a disco.

Well publicised, the disco with an x-factor participant is being charged €20 per kid. Any parent who pays this extortionant amount deserves to be taken and perhaps a revenue review.

At most this B-list celibrity would command a €1500 fee, their last event had 1200 patrons, ie €24000.

How local businesses cash in like this is beyond belief and I can verify the figures, but do not need to, you'll spend less as an adult to see a bigger name in a club without all and bear this in mind the associated things that 'children must buy' souvineers at over the top prices.

Anyone who takes their children should be hit by another tax increase and the businesses that run and support should be boycotted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭GSF

Anyone who takes their children should be hit by another tax increase and the businesses that run and support should be boycotted.
    I always thought people should be free to spend their money as they please TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

I agree GSF.

I don't get this attitude in Ireland of wanting to tax people because they stand out.

We really are a nation of bigots.

Advertisement