Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest single duvet?

• 22-06-2009 6:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi
    need a new single duvet - about 10.5 tog.
    Cheapest I have seen is in Argos at E10.29.
    Anyone know anywhere cheaper?

TIA

Fran

P.S.
    I can easily get to Waterford / Clonmel / Kilkenny.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 conor09

its a duvet, just buy it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Johnny_Bean

Guiney's is the place I'd generally associate with that sort of stuff, and it's always very cheap. I think they're only in Dublin though, sorry.

Actually, sorry. Just checked- they have a few places outside Dublin- including Waterford- seems like a bit of a trek for a Duvet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    checked in there a few weeks ago......they were E11.99 when I was there.

Fran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rubayat

Are u having a laugh??

I can easily get to Waterford / Clonmel / Kilkenny.

It would cost u more than a tenner to travel,
    and you have been looking for weeks just buy it and save all the hassle;)

• Advertisement

I asked the question as that is the point of the board. Someone may have seen something for a great deal in a shop I hadn't been to (or heard of as I have only recently moved here). So no I am not having a laugh I am mearly asking a question.

FYI I have not been looking around for weeks using up my petrol....the places I have visited have been nearby other places I have been to during the past few weeks. (i.e. I have popped in 'cause I am close by).

Ever heard the phrase take care of the pennies and the pounds take care of themselves?

Fran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

10.5 tog at this time of year or are you just hoping to bag a bargain b4 winter comes around.

Fran79 wrote: »
    Hi
    checked in there a few weeks ago......they were E11.99 when I was there.

Fran

says 10.99 for a single 13.5Tog in Guiney's online here
    , so I would've presumed it's cheaper for a 10.5 Tog, maybe they're different material or something. Is the one you saw made from Duck Feather or summat?] Maybe you can get it posted out to save you the troubel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Pennys €8.00

Went into Guiney's today to buy some socks. Checked out the duvets. 6.99 for a 13.5Tog single (and presumably cheaper again for 10.5). Why they don't have that advertised on the website I'll never know!

• Advertisement

Went into Guiney's today to buy some socks. Checked out the duvets. 6.99 for a 13.5Tog single (and presumably cheaper again for 10.5). Why they don't have that advertised on the website I'll never know!

Hi
    Thanks Johnny_Bean just the kind of info I was hoping someone would come up with. I'm in Waterford next week too - so will be able to pop in.

Cheers

Fran

No worries!

Advertisement