Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are JAPARTS like?

• 22-06-2009 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi Folks,

Been trying to get a track rod end for a Mazda MPV from Japarts in Dublin for almost a week now. Keep getting the line "Awwhh, the mechanic is up to he's eyes at the minute...I'll give ya a call when he gets it....".

I searched the forum here and found some posts from people who had similar problems with this crowd, only they'd already paid for the part and were waiting on it. These posts are a couple of years old now so I'm wondering if people can tell me if Japarts are a good business to deal <snip>?

cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Title and post edited. Please don't use libellous terms when discussing a business here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 varney

Don't think I need an answer.....I rang them again this morning and got the same old "the mechanics up to his eyes..." routine. I asked the guy to be straight up and let me know if I can get the part or not. He proceeded to tell me the part was only €70 ( actually quoted me €80 the other day..), that he didn't need my business and I could get it somewhere else!

I think that says it all! What recession??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

you should get a track rod end in any auto factor and fit it yourself. theyre dead easy:)

Thanks Garyegt..........Our local mechanic tried to do this, but because its a Mazda MPV Jap import the track rod is around 7 inches. He was saying the only ones he can find are around 4 inches - even those off a jeep. I've rang around loads of places looking for an MPV part but no luck. My only option is to order the part from a Mazda dealer which I've tried now. They aren't even sure they can get it, if they can will take weeks and cost over €100....

If anyone can suggest someplace to get this part, or knows of a Mazda MPV being broken, I'd be grateful....

Thanks to a PM from Paddy he put me on to a great little autofactors about 20 miles from me in Sligo. They were able to order the track rod part new from abroad for - wait for it - €40! This after being originally quoted €80 from Japarts for a secondhand one, and after weeks chasing it with them being told to basically f*x+%k off....!!

Mother Ireland you're rearing them yet!

• Advertisement
Advertisement