Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Service for 95 in Newbridge? Any one had it done?

• 22-06-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Was driving through Newbridge yesterday and seen a sign for a €95 service. There was no number listed on the building. It was in the Newbridge Ind Est behind Dunnes. Googled but couldn't come up with anything.

Any body know the place?

I'm looking to get the car done and have been looking around. There's a place in Athy that were advertising 30 minute service for €89, but that doen't even include air filter.

Any body know of any other mechanics around Kildare/ Newbridge etc that do a cheap service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

so it'll be €95 to replace oil, oil filter and air filter? how much are the parts in your local motor factors? That job will take you a whole 10 min only!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

I presume it covers oil and air filter, don't know though. Just seen the sign.

If I knew how to do the oil/ filters etc I'd do it myself. Unfortunately...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Yeah, I got the wifes motor serviced there but it cost 125 or 135 (can't remember exactly) because it's a diesel and they used higher grade synthetic oil (so they said :rolleyes:).

Pretty good though, took about 30 mins and they also replaced a missing bracket on the exhaust back box for free without being asked to, my next stop was tyre & exhaust place so I was chuffed.

The place is owned and run by the main Ford dealership that's on the main road in front of Dunnes (Finlay's???) and they've obviously used a bit of incentive and set up a low cost service dept away from their main dealer showroom to bring in a few bob and save a few jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Cheers Keef. Must check it out so.

Do you know what exactly they did? What the service covered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Ring Finlays and ask them about the €95 euro service, chances are they will know what's covered. That's if they are running it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement