Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotpoint washing machine prob

Options
  • 22-06-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

hi lads i bought a washer dryer bwd129 1.5 yrs ago and today the machine lets water in drains the water but the drum doesnt move ie doesnt spin. ive checked the filter and thats fine. any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Can you hear the drum motor turning? If so it's probably a broken drive belt. Easily fixed. If you can't hear anything then the motor may be burned out or the controller has failed. I'd check the drive belt first though.

Most machines have a removable back plate which allows access to the back of the drum - if you take it off you will see immediately if the drive belt is missing or broken. Be careful not to get fingers entrapped in the machine parts and make sure the machine is unplugged from the mains first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

ill have a quick go at this now. will get back to you. can hear it as the sounds it would normally make

no luck mate the belt is perfect. i took a small video any way i can show u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Same thing happened to me, found a screw inside the drum stopping it from turning.

Also it could be a voltage problem, had to get the esb out to put a monitor at the meter to record the voltage over a couple of days.

Its the simple things that catch you out.

here you go

• Advertisement

blahblah06 wrote: »
    here you go

The motors trying to turn, theres something catching the drum.

were do i look ?

were do i look ?

inside the drum itself
    Disconnect the power first,plug it out.

the drum turns fine when i used my own finger on the belt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

If you can hear a hum or such from the motor then the brushes are gone on it.Its a common issue with all motors that are used regularly.They wear down after a few years although to be gone after just a year and a half would be strange unless you use it alot.

You can get new ones and replace them if it is them though.Without knowing your specific machine You most likely would need to take the motor out to do it though

• Advertisement

i looked into the bushes thing online there eariler and i took the motor out but I cant for the life of me see were they are in the motor. cant really hear a hum tbh it is used nearly 24/7 . hate having to pay out so much cash to get this fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

i looked into the bushes thing online there eariler and i took the motor out but I cant for the life of me see were they are in the motor. cant really hear a hum tbh it is used nearly 24/7 . hate having to pay out so much cash to get this fixed

i'm not sure if hot point have changed their motors, but the brushes normally push in from either side (one on each side), near one end. The brushes themselves are on a plastic carrier with spring on them...

ye i seen a video of this on youtube being done but the motor i have is different of course. i can see one black plastic thing with wires attached then the motor is sealed however i cant see how this can be removed

for those of u interested the engineer came out and replaced the modulator?

Advertisement