Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place for selling/trading games?

• 22-06-2009 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    A friend has between 10-15 games that he has finished and wants to sell/trade.
    Where is the best place these days.
    Just an idea of the games (mods , not trying to sell here!!!!)
    Thanks.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Conan
    Viking Battle for Asgard
    Prince Of Persia
    Devil May Cry
    Football Manager 2008
    Burnout Paradise
    LMA Manager 2006
    Fifa 2008
    Kane & Lynch
    WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007
    Gears of War 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

go to Game,Gamestop or xtravision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Cheers for the most helpful reply but I was hoping to hear from somebody who has traded in games recently and can tell which shop will give the best deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

sham69 wrote: »
    Cheers for the most helpful reply but I was hoping to hear from somebody who has traded in games recently and can tell which shop will give the best deal.

if you bothered to search you would find that none of them are great (bar maybe the odd game in xtravision) and to sell privately on adverts.ie but you would rather make sarcastic remarks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sell on adverts.ie - you'll get MUCH more value from them there.

If you want to go to game/gamestop/xtravision, you tend to get better value if trading in against other games (as opposed to getting cash for them). Still a rip off wherever you go though - you'll find that games like GOW and WWE are worth peanuts.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the helpful reply Mr E.
    Sweetie, I won't even bother replying to you.
    Dunworth1, apologies if I sounded sarcastic but I thought your reply a bit smart, no offence intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

gamestop is your best bet because now if you trade in one of your old xbox games you can get a new one for 5 euros

Not a new one.... you can only pick from a shelf with black and red €5 stickers - definitely not new releases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

dunworth1 wrote: »
    go to Game,Gamestop or xtravision
    NO!

thanks all for the replies.
    Adverts might be the best option...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

game - is best for trading consoles
    xtra-vision - is best for trading games
    gamestop - best and known for rip-off! don't ever ever trade some game to them... :D

Gamestop may have bad value for trades, but their 2nd hand games are much cheaper than Games (IMO).
    Xtravision seem to give good value on Trade Ins (from the little experience I've had in trading with them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I don't trade games often but in my experience Xtravision have the best value games. The trade in values don't seem different store to store. You're better off trying to sell second hand if you actually care about the money.

Advertisement