Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neck of lamb.

Options
  • 22-06-2009 11:40am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I was wandering around Moore Street yesterday and ended up watching cricket in the Halal shop just at the Henry Street end. Its got some really nice cuts of meat in there and I ended up buying 2 necks of lamb. Theyre fairly well populated with meat. Aside from Irish stew, does anyone have any recipies for them? Im going to make a chickpea dahl tonight with split red lentils, red and green peppers. cumin, corriander, garlic, chillis and corriander. Ideally I like a slow cook recipie for the necks that has a taginney feel to it...if that makes any sense? Nothing is hopping out at me when I google.

Thanks fro any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,053 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Try browning them and slow stewing them with black pepper, corriader, cumin, fennel seed, fresh ginger and garlic a bit of harrissa (chili powder if you're stuck) and orange juice and maybe some white wine if you have some open.
    Add chopped fresh corriander at the end.
    You could add dried apricots to it to.
    Some tomatoes, if you like too.
    Turnip, potato, carrot and courgette could all go in there too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Harissa....Id forgotten about that as an ingredient! Cant wait to get home and start cooking now!

Advertisement