Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orchestral bass drums

• 22-06-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

okay so im after some orchestral bass drum sample(you know those big massive boomy drums)

so if anyone know where to get some or how to make one id really appreciate it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Do you have the 'Orkestra' for Reason? - i think it comes with it and has some very usable sounds in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Neurojazz wrote: »
    Do you have the 'Orkestra' for Reason? - i think it comes with it and has some very usable sounds in.

hmm i have reason 4,ill check it out.any way to get the sample out of reason.dont want to rewire if i dont have to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

What i'd do normally is put the sounds one by one with a gap after each in a few bars and then render that too audio... then chop up in a DAW of choice :)

Neurojazz wrote: »
    What i'd do normally is put the sounds one by one with a gap after each in a few bars and then render that too audio... then chop up in a DAW of choice :)

i actually did a search and came up with 1 timpani sample:o

sorry for the false alarm ha ha.good to know that reason has a few though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

GPO orchestra is very good for these samples.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I'm currently cutting them out of live performances and Chinese cinema. If i come up with any gold i will be sure to let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

they're called 'timpani'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

not to be a pedant here, but bass drums and timpani are not the same thing. Orchestral bass drums are stood on their side and timpani are those brass 'kettle' drums.

well im wasnt too sure what they were called.to me they looked like a big bass drum so thats what i called them.:o

i found the sound i was after and it was labeled timpani so i guess thats what it was.

Advertisement