Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jet skis on Lough Derg

• 22-06-2009 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭

I find these abominable. Could they not just ban them from the lake altogether?

There was a crowd out from Limerick there in Ballycuggeran yesterday (judging by their accents). They behave in a real intimidating way around the pier, backing their cars and trailers down and taking it over. They take off from the pier at max speed with no regard for the nearby bathing area or wildlife. Don't get me started on the noise pollution.

Lough Derg really doesn't need them. They are the scumbags of the water.

If people were putting into the water in a more civilized way and doing their thing further out in the lake it wouldn't be so bad. Sadly, you never see that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Everybody who sails/canoes/fishes or whatever hates jet skiis. They're polluting, noisy and take no skill or effort to pilot so the people on them are usually nobs. Free country though. Can't be banning every minority pass time just because it's irritating. I'm sure they pollute somewhat but I doubt it's any more than boats so it'd be a bit unfair to ban them on that count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jetskis = motorbikes on water

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought there was a 5 knot limit in place on Lough Derg to stop people going too mad out there, especially near moored boats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

I was thinking of starting a thread on Jet Skis. They really do annoy me. I do know people who are very sensible and considerate on skiis but there are others who are not. Part of the problem is anyone with the money can buy one and take to the seas or lakes and may have no knowledge whatsoever about the boating rules. There are some people also who just like being seen on them and end up being a danger to bathers as they don't go out far enough. Seen a fella giving out to one of them one day with a good quote; "its a big sea out there, go and use it".

Advertisement