Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The state of Dunmore Beach...

Options
  • 22-06-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

*begins RANT* I was out on the beach in Dunmore on Sunday with my 2yr old niece and while I should have been watching her with both eyes I spent half my time picking up broken glass so that neither I or her would step on it and cut ourselves open. I've never seen that beach in such a bad way & I've spent years swimming off peg's rock and that beach. Has anyone else noticed this problem with other beach's in the county *ends RANT*

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

aye, there was a big thread in the City forum about the state of Tramore Beach a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan Nangle

Waterford County Council have an €80 million budget this year, but the Councillors have decided to spend it on more important things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

Waterford County Council have an €80 million budget this year, but the Councillors have decided to spend it on more important things.

Like Civil Servants wages!!

well butty wrote: »

Provision has been made for the increase in salaries, wages and pensions of 3.5% from the 1st September 2009 under the current national pay agreement.

And the Councillors allowed this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

Provision has been made for the increase in salaries, wages and pensions of 3.5% from the 1st September 2009 under the current national pay agreement.

That's an absolute disgrace!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

This is especially bad on a Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning with glasses and bottles left on or thrown over the wall, and you always see people being cut on it, there was a chap out in Dunmore cleaning the last few summers, never saw him doing much though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

That's an absolute disgrace!

So what does any of this information have to do with people in general thinking before they dump their glasses bottles on to the beach it's not as if they have to walk more than 10 yards to a bin or leave it on one of the picnic tables outside the Strand or heaven forbid actually bring it home with them and dump it???

trishw78 wrote: »
    So what does any of this information have to do with people in general thinking before they dump their glasses bottles on to the beach it's not as if they have to walk more than 10 yards to a bin or leave it on one of the picnic tables outside the Strand or heaven forbid actually bring it home with them and dump it???

It is highlighting the fact that the Council are not doing anything to deal with the aftermath of this behaviour, and the potential danger it poses to innocent parties.

Likewise, they are not doing anything to enforce the litter laws so that the litter louts learn that their behaviour is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

My complaint is not about whether the county council are doing there jobs or haven't learned to budget properly. It's the fact that these people seem to lose all sense of responsiblity when they walk out there front doors and see it as acceptable to break glass & bottles on public beaches where they know kids are going to be runing around barefooted If I went to there homes and threw broken glass all over there gardens, they'd look at me as if I was the scum of the earth.

Advertisement