Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Household waste collection

• 22-06-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭

Anyone know who is the best value with regards to household waste collection in Tullamore ?

The list from Offaly county council for permitted collectors are below but no details on the charges for collection.

Oxigen Environmental Ltd – 057 9321553
    Advanced Environmental Solutions Ltd (AES) – 057 9321755
    Michael Dwane – 086 3237934
    Denis O’Meara – 087 6774644
    Gerry Duane – 057 9327996
    James Treacy – 0505 45354
    Eurogreen – 057 9320230
    Peter Deegan – 057 9324548
    Johnny Mooney – 087 9297745

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

mburke wrote: »
    Anyone know who is the best value with regards to household waste collection in Tullamore ?

The list from Offaly county council for permitted collectors are below but no details on the charges for collection.

Oxigen Environmental Ltd – 057 9321553
    Advanced Environmental Solutions Ltd (AES) – 057 9321755
    Michael Dwane – 086 3237934
    Denis O’Meara – 087 6774644
    Gerry Duane – 057 9327996
    James Treacy – 0505 45354
    Eurogreen – 057 9320230
    Peter Deegan – 057 9324548
    Johnny Mooney – 087 9297745

I think your probably better off ringing the companies.

I think we are AES at home...but i think thats more so for convenience rather than anything else...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Oxigen user here. But we don't use the general garbage wheelie bin, we use the bags priced €5 each instead. The recycling wheelie bin is collected as usual every 2 weeks, for free, which they have to do. We have done this in our house for 3 years and have saved a fortune because we don't use that many bags per month and don't have to pay for the recycling bin.

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tallullah

I am with AES at the moment and it is a disaster so I am moving to Oxigen. AES only collect every second week so it is green bin one week and blue bin the next. if you mix up your dates, then they leave the bin uncollected :-( Also the green bin is for refuse and the blue bin is for green waste - bit silly!!! The last straw was when I received a note in the door to say that they were moving my collection day to Thursday so we got our bin out on Wednesday night but they never collected. It stayed out and was collected on Monday! Then the following week nothing! So now I have 2 full bins and no idea when they plan to come and cant ever get through to anyone on their help line. Promises of a call back from a manager! This leads me to believe they are having a lot of problems if their help line is always jammed. Time to go methinks!!! I called Oxigen just now and they collect both bins every Thursday and the charge is €22 per month. At least now I know that if I leave both bins out on a Wednesday night, they will both be empty on a Thursday morning. Makes a lot more sense to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]

This is a resurrection of a pretty old thread, so current readers should be aware that the contact names and numbers in the opening post are likely out of date by now.

[/MOD]

Advertisement