Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking permits in Cork city

Options
  • 22-06-2009 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

To get a residential parking permit in Cork the Traffic Division of the City Council provides you with a long list of documentation you need to provide. This has taken a good bit of time to gather...address changes on bills, motor tax, insurance etc. Now the final stumbling block is the Private Residential Tenancies Board registration, which has a backlog of 13 weeks in processing applications. I already have one parking fine, due to other delays and could potentially get more unless the PRTB comes up with an interim method of satisfying the traffic division.

Really this post is just venting frustration at the PRTB providing conflicting information depending on who you get on the phone there...and Cork City Council being overly demanding about proof of residency. Anybody have any experience of this/explanations/suggestions on how the situation could be improved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stugots

ruth1234 wrote: »
    I already have one parking fine, due to other delays and could potentially get more unless the PRTB comes up with an interim method of satisfying the traffic division.

The parking fines section let me off on a few fines that occurred while my resident's permit application was being processed a few years back. Of course you can't leave the fines unpaid for 13 weeks or things will escalate. If you have anything on headed paper from the corpo saying that your application is beign processed etc, you could stick that in your window and hope for some leniency from the wardens.

Advertisement