Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary export forms

Options
  • 22-06-2009 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Mods, if this is in the wrong forum please delete or move as you see fit. I can't really find one suited to the query.

My situation is as follows. I have a photographic lens that I want to send to Canada for three months to have some work done on it. When the work is completed the lens will be shipped back to me. I have no problem paying tax/VAT/duty on the price of the work being carried out on it.

However as it is my lens and I've already paid for it I'd rather not pay the dues on both the work carried out AND the value of the lens. So I was wondering if a temporary export form exists whereby I can prove I have exported the lens.

I've been to the local An Post GPO, who pointed me to the local Customs guys, who sent me to the Customs head office, who sent me to the main mailing center in Portlaoise.

And none of them could give me an answer.

Just wondering has anyone here exported something temporarily and re-imported it.

Regards,
    R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Roen wrote: »
    Hi all,

Mods, if this is in the wrong forum please delete or move as you see fit. I can't really find one suited to the query.

My situation is as follows. I have a photographic lens that I want to send to Canada for three months to have some work done on it. When the work is completed the lens will be shipped back to me. I have no problem paying tax/VAT/duty on the price of the work being carried out on it.

However as it is my lens and I've already paid for it I'd rather not pay the dues on both the work carried out AND the value of the lens. So I was wondering if a temporary export form exists whereby I can prove I have exported the lens.

I've been to the local An Post GPO, who pointed me to the local Customs guys, who sent me to the Customs head office, who sent me to the main mailing center in Portlaoise.

And none of them could give me an answer.

Just wondering has anyone here exported something temporarily and re-imported it.

Regards,
    R.

Roen

You need an A.T.A.Carnet issued by the Dublin Chamber of Commerce.

I got the info and help from the Procedures Branch of Customs themselves buut they referred me to the above. This was 15 years ago so may have changed in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What if you are not from Dublin?

Advertisement