Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C Please. Birds

• 22-06-2009 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

First In A Long Time

3649720423_e1d3830799_o.jpg

3650522202_73ac95645d_o.jpg

3649720229_5082d78793_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Birds In Flight (BIF) not an easy subject to capture.

#1 Nothing really wrong with it but nothing really exciting about it either.
    #2 White skies not helping here and flag is distracting but...
    #3 Works for me with the busy background, it captures the view you'd get from a birds point of field....I really like this picture as I haven't seen it done before.

For C&C pictures should be bigger so detail can be checked etc
    PP is best on the 1st picture btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

First one actually really works for me

The second the flag is a bit distracting so its not working though I know what you were trying to do

The third is quite busy and would be my least favourite I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

#3 is very good, lovely POV

Others do nothing for me really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

For C&C pictures should be bigger so detail can be checked etc
    PP is best on the 1st picture btw.

Larger Photos Added.

Thanks For Feedback So Far Everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

pp_me129 wrote: »
    Larger Photos Added.

Thanks For Feedback So Far Everyone :)

Third one works a lot better for me now :) still love the first :) second is so so for me

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Third one works for me because of the background - it gives a sense of height and perspective. The other two are just ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

Are you on flickr or pix.ie or anything like that?- then we could get the link to the larger versions.It's hard to tell if these photos are sharp from current sizes. Here's my 2c:

#1 is the best I think. Interesting perspective.
    #2 I think I can see what you were trying to do but it just doesn't work for me. The flag is too distracting.
    #3 is an interesting perspective also but I find the background very distracting. but thats a personal thing cause a few others seem to like that fact. :)

good shots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

I Am On Flickr But They Are Photos From It.

They Are The Largest I Uploaded.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pp_me123/

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

No. 1 is nice. Its hard not to blow the whites on birds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

1. I like
    2. I get it but like the others the flag seems a bit distracting
    3. I like idea and the photo. For some reason though it almost seems like the bird is flying in front of a poster or something. I cant really explain other that the bird seems superimposed on the background if that makes sense?

• Advertisement
Advertisement