Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question RE: Rendundancy

Options
  • 22-06-2009 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi

Just a quick question

If i'm made redundant i understand it would be worked out on my current rate of pay so would be calculated after i received a 10% paycut last month

Now from next week i have been told we are being cut to a 3 day week so if i was made redundant(the whole place will probably be closing) would any redundancy be worked out on my earnings for only 3 days??

Thank you to anyone who replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

grinder23 wrote: »
    Hi

Just a quick question

If i'm made redundant i understand it would be worked out on my current rate of pay so would be calculated after i received a 10% paycut last month

Now from next week i have been told we are being cut to a 3 day week so if i was made redundant(the whole place will probably be closing) would any redundancy be worked out on my earnings for only 3 days??

Thank you to anyone who replies

From http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/employment/unemployment-and-redundancy/redundancy/redundancy-payments

"Reduced hours and short-time work

If you were made redundant within a year of being put on reduced hours or pay, your redundancy payment would be based on your earnings for a full week. If you are made redundant after working reduced hours for more than a year, how your payment will be calculated depends on whether you accepted being on reduced hours or not. If you fully accepted the reduced working hours as your normal week and never asked to return to full-time work, then your redundancy payment will be based on your gross pay for the reduced working hours. If, on the other hand, you never accepted the reduced working hours as your normal hours and continually asked to be put back on full-time working, your payment would be based on your normal weekly earnings.

If you have been put on short time and then are made redundant your redundancy payment may be based on your pay for a full week.

If you have a dispute about this with your employer you could make a claim to the Employment Appeals Tribunal"

The lesson here is to REQUEST more hours IN WRITING as often as practical. I would suggest sending an email once a fortnight requesting more hours / days.

Advertisement