Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Chinatown Wars confirmed for PSP

Options
  • 22-06-2009 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Will be released this autumn on UMD and via PlayStation Network.
    gta_chinatown_wars.jpg
    Rockstar Games has announced that Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will be released for PSP this autumn.
    Developed by the award-winning studio Rockstar Leeds, in conjunction with series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will be available at retail on UMD and digitally from the PlayStation Network.
    "We're proud to extend this truly unique handheld Grand Theft Auto experience to PSP and offer a downloadable version of Chinatown Wars for PSPgo," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games.
    "Rockstar Leeds has shown incredible talent in creating games that raise the bar in terms of depth and innovation on portables, and with Chinatown Wars we have a rich, fast-paced, and incredibly addictive entry into the series."
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars follows the story of Huang Lee, a young Triad who travels to Liberty City after the mysterious death of his father. Within the game, players will navigate their way through the streets as they uncover the truth behind an epic tale of crime and corruption within the Triad crime syndicate.
    Specifically built for the PSP, the game will feature upscaled widescreen graphics, enhanced lighting and animation, plus all-new story missions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Strange one that. Seems like Rockstar are hoping to make a quick buck, rather than optimising it. No mention on a 3D engine, an improved soundtrack or anything that would make it standing alongside Vice City Stories. Can't see the point of it at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GTA Chinatown wars completely bombed on the DS though so i'd say rockstar are trying to make their money back since the other two games were quite successful. I think they should have done a better job advertising it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've been thinking about getting a PSP Go and this annoucement has made it more likely that I will.

Hopefully they will put in a full soundtrack into the game, something that wasn't possible on the DS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah Chinatown Wars was a relative commercial failure (which is a shame, considering how fantastic it is) so this definitely reeks of a need to break even or make some profit from it.

I'm slightly confused at how they are going to handle the mini-games though. Since y'know they are pretty much entirely DS-centric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'm surprised it was a failure as it is an enjoyable game. It probably says more about the demographics of those who own a DS rather the game itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Finished the story part myself about a week ago, great game overall.

How the hell is this going to work without a stylus though? They had loads of minigames using it.

Advertisement