Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing A Built In Radio On A Corolla 01-03

• 22-06-2009 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭

Im looking @ getting a corolla around 01-03 and have a mp3 cd player in my car at the minute.
    I was looking @ a `02 corolla and the radio is built in.The fella in the showroom said they can be changed and you could be looking @ €100 for a fella to do it.

Ive looked on the net and seen some stuff on it but i am terrible at stuff like this and don't wanna break any trim or worse.
    Has anyone done this or know of a anyone in the dublin/meath area? I mentioned I have the radio because i know it would be easier if I went into a place and they put their radio in.

Cheers in advance!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

With the facelifted E110 series (2000-2002), AFAIK a normal stereo will fit in where the tape deck goes and you'll just need some cheap adaptor for the connectors - trip computer, temperature, etc. still work on the built-in display at the top. Don't know what the E120 (2002-7) is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

With the facelifted seE110 ries (2000-2002), AFAIK a normal stereo will fit in where the tape deck goes and you'll just need some cheap adaptor for the connectors - trip computer, temperature, etc. still work on the built-in display at the top. Don't know what the E120 (2002-7) is like.

Ah right i never thought of what model it is all i know is the radio/screen is right up the top.
    I think ive seen people put the radio right down the bottom but im not so sure.

The radio i got has that white adaptor but sure if not as you said a cheap on on ebay would do the same.

Update
    In halfords as i got the radio in there in the 1st place.

€60 for the fella to put it in
    and
    €40 for the parts from them

They wont use parts from outside their own and didnt get the hint bout a nixer.Was told to try a electrician.
    Is there anyone out there that can do this, I dunno if its breaking board rules just trying to save a few euros!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

hey just wondering does any1 know where id get a gearbox for a 1999 VW Golf 1.9SDI,its the mark VI version.the gearbox for a VW Caddy(1998-2004) will also fit,if you have any suggestions??:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Make a new thread lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is it this one:

Corolla_RunX.jpg

Or is it this type:

Toyota-Corolla-2001-European-Facelift-Hatchback.jpg

If you let me know which type it is I will get you self fit instructions.

http://whitelabel.toyota.ie/assured-used-cars/car/a85b96c6-d863-46da-a55f-91576c7e3a2e

Thats it more or less or depending on a price or a `02 one, but I think there more or less the same.

I have the pic tutorial, take out the smoke tray etc but very wirey on doing it if i lock up the security or beak the trim.

This is the thread where I joined in as he/she has a similar query
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60832426#post60832426

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the 02-07 model Corolla is very easy to remove. (did one today in fact)

Removal:
    1: firstly unscrew the gearknob.
    2: pull the gearknob surround off (pull sharply upwards and it will unclip)
    3: then pull the fan speed switch off
    4: there is a philips screw visible, remove this
    5: remove the ashtray
    6: unscrew the 2 visible philips screws
    7: pull the heater panel off by firstly pulling the bottom half outwards, then the upper half upwards
    8:with the heater panel hanging off, you'll see 5 10mm head bolts visible underneath the stereo. ignore the one in the centre, and remove the other 4.
    10:the stereo and the 2 air vents should pull straight off now.

Then seperate the stsereo from the heater vents.

Fit your facia adaptor to the air vents and fit your new stereo to the facia adaptor.

plug your Toyota wiring adaptor to the cars wiring loom and the other end to the ISO wiring plugs on your new stereo.

then follow steps 1-10 in reverse order and you're done.

Great stuff thanks, you could make a few bob if you offer your services to people!!

What about the kits on ebay(the plastic surround and the adaptor) would you say they`ll be ok?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Toyota-Corolla-Car-Stereo-Fitting-Kit-Fascia-Wiring_W0QQitemZ270406810343QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM?hash=item3ef5807ae7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1301|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

depends on how fussy you are, the plastics on the Corolla aren't that fancy so I doubt there'd be too much of a discrepency. Not sure on how well they fit or how durable they are. the ones from a Toyota dealer are a perfect fit and match though.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    depends on how fussy you are, the plastics on the Corolla aren't that fancy so I doubt there'd be too much of a discrepency. Not sure on how well they fit or how durable they are. the ones from a Toyota dealer are a perfect fit and match though.

Not to sound bad or un grateful the link to the facia adaptor postage is £20 :O

Me thinks halfords unfortunately is sounding more and more likely

Advertisement