Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop suddenly stopped recognising Fast-Track Pro

• 22-06-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Last night out of the blue my laptop started refusing access to my Fast Track Pro and today even the little M Audio icon at the bottom right hand corner of the screen seems to have dissappeared and the fast track is not showing up in the devices in the sound area of my control panel.

When i start up the laptop i keep getting this message now TBIA Access Denied

Does anyone know what could be going on here?

Thanks
    C.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

caesura wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Last night out of the blue my laptop started refusing access to my Fast Track Pro and today even the little M Audio icon at the bottom right hand corner of the screen seems to have dissappeared and the fast track is not showing up in the devices in the sound area of my control panel.

When i start up the laptop i keep getting this message now TBIA Access Denied

Does anyone know what could be going on here?

Thanks
    C.

I guess the most obvious thing to do is a reinstall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

there are quite a few instances of this mentioned over on the m-audio forums.
    Things sometimes seem to go pear shaped for example if you connect the FTP to a USB port other than the one it was first installed on ... which happened to me recently just as I was setting up on stage .. a few mins of bowel loosening angst was had there before I remembered.

check out ALL of this thread and see if it helps:
    http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.php?t=1442
    note: there's a suggestion early on to mess with User Account Control (UAC) which should be ignored.

hope that's of some help.

Mick

Yeah the aul usb cards have to be in the same port they're always in...after that wipe and reinstall the drivers..

So do you think this is a driver issue, as opposed to a OS/Machine one?

Well shur, seeing as he didn't give much info regarding the os/machine (although its probably windows..dont start), any usb cards ive any experience with have always been problematic..the drivers would be (my) first target, just to get then out of the way..

• Advertisement

Well shur, seeing as he didn't give much info regarding the os/machine (although its probably windows..dont start), any usb cards ive any experience with have always been problematic..the drivers would be (my) first target, just to get then out of the way..

Aye !

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭caesura

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the tips got it all sorted now.
    old gregg wrote: »
    there are quite a few instances of this mentioned over on the m-audio forums.
    Things sometimes seem to go pear shaped for example if you connect the FTP to a USB port other than the one it was first installed on ... which happened to me recently just as I was setting up on stage .. a few mins of bowel loosening angst was had there before I remembered.

check out ALL of this thread and see if it helps:
    http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.php?t=1442
    note: there's a suggestion early on to mess with User Account Control (UAC) which should be ignored.

hope that's of some help.

Mick

Cheers Mick - it was the USB port alright (funnily enough i was sure i tried that but must have just put it back into the wrong one :rolleyes:) anyway got it back in the proper one in the end and after a bit of tinkering with Reaper (another little anomaly occured once i had M-Audio back in - but it sorted itself) i'm back in the game.

Seems to be a fair bt of this looking at that thread you linked to not to mention a few probs with Vista (which is my o/s)

Anyway thanks again all.
    C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

no worries mate.
    having been tripped up once on that one I've now put colour tags on my USB devices, leads and ports so that I can match them up quickly during setup. It sounds anal but reduces the stress.

Advertisement