Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the cheapest place to get a xbox Wireless adapter?

Options
  • 22-06-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of going on xbox live for the first time and I was wondering where's the cheapest place to get the wireless adapter?
    Also is there an alternative to the official microsoft one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

On special in Smyths at the moment, €50. Not sure of any other brand ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

adverts.ie always find one at a good price on there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Check Game and HMV, they had them for around 50 euro a couple of weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Thargor wrote: »

That's typical of them. Wish I could buy it there cos I have €100 worth of vouchers and I've been waiting for the last six months for something that's good value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

smyths are doing the black one for 30 yoyo atm not 50. I was just down there a few mins ago in blanch and they had them.
    They also had the red controler with battery and charge cable for 45 another bargin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

You could always make your own if you're bored and broke. :)

Link here

smyths are doing the black one for 30 yoyo atm not 50. I was just down there a few mins ago in blanch and they had them.
    They also had the red controler with battery and charge cable for 45 another bargin.
    €30 seems a decent price. Colour doesn't matter cos...well cos I'm not a girl!:D
    Will check there on my way home.
    On a kinda related note where's the cheapest guitar&game deal for rockband/guitar hero?
    Wireless of course!:)

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    You could always make your own if you're bored and broke. :)

Link here

Cheers but doubt I could do it for less than €30.:)
    Interesting Tut though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks for the tip Spookey Donkey, Ill check Smiths in Galway and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wait, there's a sticky explaining how to do it through your PC or Laptop if you use WiFi

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Remouad wrote: »
    €30 seems a decent price. Colour doesn't matter cos...well cos I'm not a girl!:D
    On a kinda related note where's the cheapest guitar&game deal for rockband/guitar hero?

Some Guitar Hero Aerosmith on clearance in Smyths for forty yo yos if you can find them. Buy the set, toss out the game and get a pre played Guitar Hero 3 for next to nothing. Perfect! :D

Remouad wrote: »

But what if ya could get a pink controler cheaper will you buy a pink one then? :)

On another note. A mate of mine got his rock band really cheap in smyths there recently. Man I sound like an Add for smyths but they are really good latly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

A black Wifi dongle for 360?

Balderdash, didnt know there was such a thing, wouldve sat in nicely with my Elite and Ps3 if thats the case!

oops my mistake I thought he was looking for a controler, yes the wifi dongel is white and 50 quid, sorry man my mistake.

Advertisement