Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance question

Options
  • 22-06-2009 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello
    I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to get open drive insurance on a policy if the driver has been disqualified from driving,
    my husband has recently lost his licence but is self employed and needs his van for work, he was looking at getting an apprentice with a full drivling licence so the apprentice could drive, but the van's insurance is due, can he renew his policy with open drive so anyone can drive the van? or can he start a new policy?
    is there a broker he can contact that could advise him?

thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

He should be just able to add open driving to his existing policy - its just an extra facility on the insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bethk

Thanks Barr,
    Am I right in thinking that no other insurance company will give him a policy as he is disqualified?so he has to remain with the current one?

Beth

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd imagine this is the case. Has he informed his current insurer that he has been disqualified from driving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Make sure he tells Insurers about the disqualification. They should arrange an insured excluded policy for him under the circumstances. Talk to an experienced person in the insurance company, as not all will know about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bethk

Thanks for the advice Toots and Oldyouth.
    its such a mess and the insurance will sky rocket..:( but thats the price you pay.
    thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement