Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Works Athlone

Options
  • 22-06-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does anayone one know the expected completion date for the roadworks around Elan.

Also does anyone know the expected opening date for the motorway to Ballinasloe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tetra7

Thanks

Too many people keep breaking the lights on the one way system at Elan so Im looking forward to getting back to the two way system asap. I heard a garda pulled a driver over one morning last week for going through a late red light, that put manners on the bad driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

tetra7 wrote: »
    Thanks

Too many people keep breaking the lights on the one way system at Elan so Im looking forward to getting back to the two way system asap. I heard a garda pulled a driver over one morning last week for going through a late red light, that put manners on the bad driver.

Tip to avoid the lights

Coming from town, take the right turn for Monksland opposite Spar in Baylough. Continue straight for ~mile and you will pop out beside Supervalu. And obviously the opposite applies if going towards town

No lights, not hassle.

Obviously those coming to/from Moate/Ballinasloe must continue to suffer, but at least if the message spread it would mean less traffic at the RABand traffic lights.

Yes i am looking forward to the Motorways opening. Galway women* cannot grasp the concept of going in the proper lane on roundabouts

* Apologies for that contraversial comment. I of course mean, ALL women ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

According to my girlfriend, who is working for Siac Wills, the balinasloe to Athlone bypass is due open on the 17th of july (maybe it was 19th, in and around that!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 DeeColl

I heard it wasnt opening till Oct? Yeah bugs me too when loads of cars keep coming when its green your side :mad: Yeah I saw a guy get caught red handed the other evening. My fiance was driving 2 cars ahead of me and just as he came to the lights they turned red. The car in between us pulled out and went - there was obviously a squad car in the que behind us as he sped on and pulled him over at elan :D:D Lucky coz my fiance was deliberating if he would go or not but thank god he stopped!!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Yeah... them lights are a bastard!!! There hasn't been one time where I have came up to them and they were green. always red and always just gone red! aaagh! I don't think taking that other road is of much benefit when you are trying to get on the dual carraigeway if maybe by 30 seconds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

the road to ballinasloe is supposed to be done before the galway races.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cazmcco

The road will officially be opened on the 24th of July. :D

Advertisement