Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Eye tests?

• 22-06-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where they do eye testing free?
    I saw some gilr handing out leaflets for some place that did free eye test the other day but can't remember where.
    Cork area would be best for me Thx!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

If you pay PRSI you're entitled to a free eye test. Collect a form from any optician, get them to stamp it and send it off. They will then send you back approval. Or, you could pay for the test first and then send off the form. When you get approval bring in the letter to the optician and your receipt for the test and they will give you back your payment. Handy if you need a test in a hurry and don't mind waiting for payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Maggie Moo

You have to be paying PRSI for the last 5 five years without a break. Its gas i was in specsavers last year and they told me every 10 seconds that my PRSI will cover my eye sight test and money off my glasses, as i had told them how long i was working for. But they rang to check my PRSI just before i paid and i got nothing off as i had only 3 half years PRSI.

Hope you find a free eye test.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Bummer, cause I think my eyesight is 20/20 but for some reason I'm getting headaches after looking at the computer screen at around 11 most days....

I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Maggie Moo wrote: »
    You have to be paying PRSI for the last 5 five years without a break. Its gas i was in specsavers last year and they told me every 10 seconds that my PRSI will cover my eye sight test and money off my glasses, as i had told them how long i was working for. But they rang to check my PRSI just before i paid and i got nothing off as i had only 3 half years PRSI.

Hope you find a free eye test.

I am paying PRSI for more than 5 years. So how much I can get money off my glasses beside free eye test?

Advertisement