Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miller High Life

Options
  • 22-06-2009 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

I was in American a few years ago and did a 1 months campervan trip across the country. Miller High Life was our favoured tipple and it was amazing. I'm not sure if it is sentimentality or what but I have been longing for it ever since. Is there anywhere in Ireland that this can be bought in?

I was in Slainte off licence in Stillorgan before and the owner said he could bring over a pallet if I wanted but that might be over kill:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

No, I don't believe it's sold here. In fact, I don't think any yellow fizzy US-brewed lagers are sold here. Which is odd, in a way: we get Moosehead and Dos Equis, but no Yuengling or Pabst Blue Ribbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I remember that one when I was over in Albany. The Champagne of Beers! Didn't help with the fact we didn't have have a fridge to cool it. You won't find it anywhere in Ireland unless it's imported for you. Just Miller and Miller genuine draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Mantel wrote: »
    I remember that one when I was over in Albany. The Champagne of Beers!

I recon its a a 40oz:p

Mantel wrote: »
    You won't find it anywhere in Ireland unless it's imported for you. Just Miller and Miller genuine draft.

All miller is now imported

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

There is a new company in charge of miller now, Richmond Marketing. I think I will contact them to see if there is potential in bringing it over.

glanman wrote: »
    There is a new company in charge of miller now, Richmond Marketing. I think I will contact them to see if there is potential in bringing it over.

I would doubt it really. The market is saturated with american lagers and ultimately it's up to miller to supply the beer your looking for and not richmond. Richmond are doing a poor job so far as far as miller is concerned so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

They are having trouble at the moment keeping up with demand for the 24 bottle packs-it's the biggest seller. We would usually sell through a couple of pallets of these but supply is being rationed at the moment. Thats what I'm told at work anyway. They will no doubt sort it pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

surely one would think they would have looked at previous figures and prepared themsleves adequetly??
    I have tried the last 2 weeks in kildare town to find 24 bottle packs and only saw one box in the eurospar.... thats ridiculous considering the popularity of this fine beer... :mad:

smartaform wrote: »
    surely one would think they would have looked at previous figures and prepared themsleves adequetly??
    I have tried the last 2 weeks in kildare town to find 24 bottle packs and only saw one box in the eurospar.... thats ridiculous considering the popularity of this fine beer... :mad:

They have to import the lot now. Beamish were able to keep a steady supply and surplus as they were making it. Richmond have to import it. Some retailers are using this to their advantage though. Richmond were substituting the 24 pack with cases of 6 packs at the same price recently. The offy then open these and sell each 6 pack. Massive profit to be made.

• Advertisement
Advertisement