Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C on a few pics of my nephews doggie :)

• 22-06-2009 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

Just posted this over on the pets forum

Few of Ted .. my Nephews Trusty Steed :D (taken yesterday)

I'm quite happy with most of the shots I would be interested in any advice on how to make the shots better though :)

07957FD81A184E0DB758EACC7DBC4AC9-800.jpg

5E4EC11977B0418C805DDBC04ED1A9C9-500.jpg

1F9F92B3B844432A8B22187A95F42F2C-500.jpg

153B53D1C40E4D88A90314A05D772EB2-500.jpg

E54B2501AB2849488E4D33A309D072C0-500.jpg

FE7729B5B6934DBDAF26CD5FA0AB6DE3-800.jpg

For once I didn't actually do any post processing on the shots which I normally do (levels / colors and so on)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I like the third one.... it looks a bit like a cousin of mine though... lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Tallon wrote: »
    I like the third one.... it looks a bit like a cousin of mine though... lol

I was already thinking there are probably girls who'd kill for that kinda curly hair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Great shots !!

My favourite type of dog too .. the springer spaniel .. my Dad has one ...

he's legend..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

3 and 5 are excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fguihen

some of the white areas are completely overexposed. I know this can be difficult, as i struggle with it a lot, but proper exposure is whats required to make a good image a great image.

Keep an eye on the histogram to help you in such suituations.

still nice images though, and the dog looks super playful and happy.

• Advertisement

fguihen wrote: »
    some of the white areas are completely overexposed. I know this can be difficult, as i struggle with it a lot, but proper exposure is whats required to make a good image a great image.

Thanks ... will have to play when the sun is out again and see whats possible with the settings (and do a bit of reading me things)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fguihen

daytime sun is your enemy in these suituations!!! early morning or late evening will ensure there is no harsh light trying to ruin your photos.

daytime sun is your enemy in these suituations!!! early morning or late evening will ensure there is no harsh light trying to ruin your photos.

But I wouldn't have been able to do it in the morning / evening as we were just visiting :)

Ah well ... I might try playing with the levels in photoshop and seeing what I can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

#3 & #4 for me, but as stated, the sun was doing you no favours. Good luck with the levels.....

Trojan911 wrote: »
    ...Good luck with the levels.....

Unfortunately there isn't actually that much detail left so messing about with the levels on them doesn't do that much for the white patches

ah well need to figure out next time if I can take less saturated white bits :)

• Advertisement

ooh so thats what the histogram is for
    how do you read it?

Advertisement