Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls Forum

Options
  • 22-06-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but the Elder Scrolls forum is a joke. There are six threads, five mods and four stickies. The MCD notice is still there and not only is the place like a desert, but the mods seem to sticky things just for something to do!

I don't want the forum gone, just look after it a little better, and who needs five mods for a forum that only has six threads, one of which is the good ole' MCD one!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

There are way more than 6 threads. You might have a filter set to only show threads since a certain cut off date. Also the mods are mods of Role Playing and all subforums which explains why there are so many. Also there's a Cat Mod included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Moved to Feedback, this is not a Development issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Did you try reporting the mcd thread and/or pming the mods?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

vflhp wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but the Elder Scrolls forum is a joke.

Ive read those six threads and didnt laugh once. Thanks a bunch! :mad:

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but the Elder Scrolls forum is a joke. There are six threads, five mods and four stickies. The MCD notice is still there and not only is the place like a desert, but the mods seem to sticky things just for something to do!

I don't want the forum gone, just look after it a little better, and who needs five mods for a forum that only has six threads, one of which is the good ole' MCD one!
    I'm curious what have you actually done to drive content on said forum ? All talk and no trousers.
    Its not necessarily the job of moderators to provide content for a forum, simply to facilitate discussion in the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I'm curious what have you actually done to drive content on said forum ? All talk and no trousers.
    Its not necessarily the job of moderators to provide content for a forum, simply to facilitate discussion in the forum.

1. "I'm curious what have you actually done to drive content on said forum?" I have posted before, to no avail.

2. "All talk and no trousers" No need for personal insults, lets keep this professional.

3. "Its not necessarily the job of moderators to provide content for a forum, simply to facilitate discussion in the forum" I never said the mods were to drive content to the forum. The content problem and the mod problem are two different things entirely.

What I'm wondering is why a thread for a help site stickied. I read over the thread, and I saw the mod posted a message "Temporarily stickied". Its still stickied! That was AGES ago. The MCD thing is just an embarrasement on: 1. The mods, as they clearly aren't capable. 2. The admins, for not being able to choose compitent mods. I myself wouldn't be a mod simply because I know I wouldn't be on the forums enough. Why did these mods take the job if they couldn't manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, apparently there isnt much to manage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

What I'm wondering is why a thread for a help site stickied. I read over the thread, and I saw the mod posted a message "Temporarily stickied". Its still stickied! That was AGES ago. The MCD thing is just an embarrasement on: 1. The mods, as they clearly aren't capable. 2. The admins, for not being able to choose compitent mods. I myself wouldn't be a mod simply because I know I wouldn't be on the forums enough. Why did these mods take the job if they couldn't manage it.

Ok, so the MCD sticky could have been removed a few days earlier, but in all fairness, so fcuking what? Why are you trying to shít stir over a simple thread that had been in place for over two years? Failing to remove a sticky on any forum does not make a mod incapable of their job, no matter what way you look at it. And trying to bring the admins into the argument is pretty pityful tbh.

Regarding the forum itself (and this is probably more suited in the general games discussion thread), I do think there are still some inconsistencies that need to be addressed. You're right, the Elder Scrolls is not a popular forum, nor will it ever be considering one of those games comes out once every 3/4 years.

That said though, I was very surprised when I found out there was no Sims forum. There are numerous PC games that have their own forum here, so you would think that the biggest selling PC game of all time which brings out expansions packs every 6 months would be top of the list. Like I said though, probably for anothers days discussion.

I have posted before, to no avail.
    From what I can see you have never posted in the Elder Scrolls forum, perhaps that should be your first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Wow I didn't even see this until now, that's just how bad a Mod I am

as WWM says
    well, apparently there isnt much to manage!

and that's it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm pretty sure if a PM was dropped to Vegeta at the time, all of the above would have been sorted.

As for the MCD sticky not taken down on time.
    Vegeta, if you'd kindly step this way into my office....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure if a PM was dropped to Vegeta at the time, all of the above would have been sorted.

Indeed, the forum is very quiet so my time spent there is brief (unless something is reported or brought to my attention etc) and the issues raised here went un-noticed as a result.
    As for the MCD sticky not taken down on time.
    Vegeta, if you'd kindly step this way into my office....

Yes Ma'am :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Not one thread complaining about those damned mudcrabs? What kind of operation are you running?!

From what I can see you have never posted in the Elder Scrolls forum, perhaps that should be your first step.

Hmm, yes I have. Threads have been removed. I stopped posting there and came back, only to find six threads, five mods and one tumbleweed occupying the space.

Also, as Vegeta pointed out, he is a bad Mod. The was a message above every forum about the MCD threads being removed, but nothing was done.

When there are six threads and five Mods, and the MCD thing left up for weeks after the announcement, you really do have to question their Moderation abilities.

"That said though, I was very surprised when I found out there was no Sims forum. There are numerous PC games that have their own forum here, so you would think that the biggest selling PC game of all time which brings out expansions packs every 6 months would be top of the list. Like I said though, probably for anothers days discussion."

Yes, I agree that a sims forum is a great idea, and have posted in threads and started my own to try and get one created. The Elder Scrolls is a great game, but without frequent installments, we're never going to see a constant flow of traffic through the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

OK, we're getting a bit all over the place I'm afraid.
    Hmm, yes I have. Threads have been removed. I stopped posting there and came back, only to find six threads, five mods and one tumbleweed occupying the space.
    Close to the top, under "filter threads" I'm willing to bet that you've a box that on your screen says "last month". Change that to "beginning" or anything longer than "last month" and see if there's a difference. There will be a difference. Threads haven't been removed. The last thread that was actually removed was in July of last year. It was a spammer thread. You can't see the threads that are still there because your filters are set to a too-short time. Fix that and the world's your oyster, at least in the Elder Scrolls forum.

There aren't five mods of the forum. There's one mod of the forum - that's vegeta. All the other guys you see are mods of the roleplaying forum (LoLth, Rev Hellfire, Raphael) and Kinetic^, who's category mod for games. The four guys are listed as forum moderators because they're mods of the areas that Elder Scrolls is a subforum of.

Also, as Vegeta pointed out, he is a bad Mod. The was a message above every forum about the MCD threads being removed, but nothing was done.

When there are six threads and five Mods, and the MCD thing left up for weeks after the announcement, you really do have to question their Moderation abilities.
    I've dealt with most of this above (the number of mods, the number of threads, both of which were what you came with at the start of the thread). I'd say that Vegeta's more a mod with very little to do lately. Odds are good that when ES5 and Oblivion are released (apparently they are definitely coming), you'll see a bit more traffic. But while it's always cool when a mod initiates discussion, sometimes it's better to say nothing when there's nothing going on, otherwise it may be a case of talking for the simple sake of talking. This may or may not be the case (I don't play ES) but it doesn't take away from the threads being visible to you when you fix your filters.
    "That said though, I was very surprised when I found out there was no Sims forum. There are numerous PC games that have their own forum here, so you would think that the biggest selling PC game of all time which brings out expansions packs every 6 months would be top of the list. Like I said though, probably for anothers days discussion."

Yes, I agree that a sims forum is a great idea, and have posted in threads and started my own to try and get one created. The Elder Scrolls is a great game, but without frequent installments, we're never going to see a constant flow of traffic through the forum.
    The Forums forum is a far better place for that discussion. As far as I remember there was a proposal to start a Sims forum there recently, might be worth your while taking a gander for that thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

OP,you have only been a member since March and are giving out about Mods for a game that came out what,2 or 3 years ago at least.

Whats that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

So you're directly linking a mods abilities to how busy a forum is? A forum for a game that was released over 3 years ago?

I don't really understand what you're getting at. Are you suggesting that new mods would bring more traffic to the forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Patience OP, patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

nominate vflhp as elder scrolls mod

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

pwd wrote: »
    Where's the roll-eyes smiley? Surely you jest.

• Advertisement

I think that's a given

Well, I havent seen anyone post on the forum since the start of this thread, so I can only assume that there is no further issue?

pwd wrote: »

Ha, I agree with Hill Billy. I'm clearly not here long enough and my knowledge of Boards and The Elder Scrolls isn't big enough.

Also, I have given up with this and I will not be using the forum even if another game does come out, as the forum will just go quite again.

I will expand my next campaign! Getting rid of the Elder Scrolls forum to make room for The Sims forum!

Agreed?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

At least this thread reminded me to remove a MCD sticky I had forgotten to.

Surely nobody plays the sims apart from when they were 12(20 in my case) to make a swimming pool, get the people in there and sell the ladder so they drown??

Surely nobody plays the sims apart from when they were 12(20 in my case) to make a swimming pool, get the people in there and sell the ladder so they drown??[/quote]

Seriously? The Sims has sold well over 100 Million and is the fourth best selling franchise of all time. The Sims would be a much more busy forum than most other niche forums in general.

Big releases as well as constant flows of expansion packs and DLC as well means there would be many topics of conversation.

At the end of the day, its users that make a forum, not the mod.
    A moderator is simply there to facilitate conversaion, debate and discussion.

It is not a mods job to stand outside the forum, offering free drinks and good lookin chicks to all first time posters.

if you want activity on a forum, then start posting.

As Kevin Costner should have said 'If you post it, they will come'.

I'll put this bluntly, users make a forum. Perhaps everyone missed my subtle post earlier about no one having posted there since the start of this thread.....

Perhaps everyone missed my subtle post earlier about no one having posted there since the start of this thread.....

But but but...

and when I made the point, no one had posted on the Elder Scrolls forum :)

Quite frankly though, I am disappointed.. Theres been only 3 posts on the forum since this thread started, and how many posts here?

Surely they were better off on the forum :)

Advertisement