Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yuko hair straigtening system

• 22-06-2009 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I got my hair done in Cowboys and Angels in Dublin. It definitely saved a trip to london for me. Im glad i did it. I had naturally frizzy curls and i hated it. It took me 5 hours to get it done and cost 530 euro. Very steep i know! My hair is straight now but not poker straight as it has a slight wave to it. I still have to run the ghd through it quickly to get that sleek hair effect. Ive saved tones of time now and im happy with my hair finally. I can do so much more now with it than i ever could and it has a really nice shine to it! You ll need to go back and get the roots done when your roots start showing as it looks a different texture to your straight hair. I notice its getting like that for me 6 months after i had it done so i just pay attention to the roots with the ghd until it starts looking too out of place, then ill go back! Hope this has been helpful for all you curly girls out there who want to go it straight!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

wow you still have to use your ghd after paying that much?
    i thought yuko was like a miracle that once treatment was done you never have to use hairdrier or straightener.
    in that case other salons do chemical straightening for much cheaper - i saw one do it for as little as 150€!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Op sounds like it could be a bit of a troll methinks?
    Anyways, as I said on a recent thread Cowboys and Angels is fantastic but their pricing is just kerazy.
    I have had the yuko system done twice in London and it was only £250 . Charging half a grand to get yuko done is daylight robbery! I would also be hesitant getting it done in Cowboys and Angels because I doubt its something they regularly do. Their staff is much more experienced at hair extensions and colour.

I didnt have the funds to get it done in London this year so took a chance and went to 'Yes' hair salon on Parnell street. Its one of those chinese salons. Anyway the result was fantastic and only €90. Though my hair is quite thick, I wouldnt reccomend it for thin/fragile hair types.

idunnnoutellme: Yuko works a lot better when you blowdry your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 evorg

hi,

very surprised at cowboy & angels price - seems really expensive. I have got my done each year for the past three in London - it costs about 340 euro but my hair is long and very thick. It comes out poker straight - would defo recommend the place - and that is all that they do. I got it done once in Brown Sugar in Ireland and it did not work on my hair so they gave me my money back.

Might check out that place on Parnell st next time - how long does it stay straight for?

Advertisement