Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty TV bought for Play.com

Options
  • 22-06-2009 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

I purchased a Toshiba Regza 37" Television on 5th June last year and today
    the screen went blank, although the set still switches channels and sound is still clear. I immediately contacted Play who informed me that after 28 days it was no longer their responibility to deal with faulty goods and recommended that I contact the manufacturer.

I mentioned to the operater that Play had a responibility as the seller of the goods under the Sales of Goods act (1979) and reiterated the 28 day policy. However I am unsure whether this applies as Play are based (I believe) under Jersey law.

Could anyone offer any advice on how to proceed.

Craig

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This might be better in Consumer Issues.

Play aren't covered by EU or Irish consumer law, so I'm not sure what you can do in this situation. Contacting the manufacturer might be the best solution, as they may well fix it for you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Play don't ship TV's to Ireland so how did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Cabaal wrote: »

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cabaal wrote: »

I know amazon started delivering electronics to ireland recently , maybe play did too , but i didnt hear about :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

well the OP mentions the Sales of Goods act 1979 which is an english law. our Sales of Goods act is from 1980.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

calex71 wrote: »
    I know amazon started delivering electronics to ireland recently , maybe play did too , but i didnt hear about :confused:

They don't, I checked yesterday
    You have to have a UK payment method and a UK address

Further to this the "Sales of Goods act 1979" is a UK law not an Irish one, seems the OP would be better suited posting on a more appropriate website that can give him UK consumer advice imho

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I agree. Thread closed.

OP, I suggest checking out a British Consumer Affairs website. The Motley Fool might be a good place to start.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement