Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those left behind!

Options
  • 22-06-2009 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

In Ireland I mean. My girlfriend's just gone off to Sydney with her sister, and it'll be three months until I can get there. Anyway it's been ten days and they've all been on the piss every night. Standard stuff I know, but so far I haven't got a call from her (apparently the internet access in the hostel is terrible), and all I've got is three emails so far. I'm feeling a bit fragile because of her leaving, but am I stupid to be worrying about her not calling? She's always been honest with me about everything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

let her live and trust her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Not stupid OP ,more like anxious because 3 months is a long time to be away from somebody .If you could give her a quick phone call ,say once a week and her do the same it would make you feel much better I'm sure .

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

She was ok when she left my place this morning!

Sorry....somebody had to say it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

No texts ... it costs the same to text Ireland here as it does to text oz.

I would ask her to buy a Sim card and just let you know every day thats shes ok and doing well.

If all else fails Coileach dearg can keep you abreast of her movements.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

trying to remember what network i was on in oz, but it was $20 for a simcard, and that gave you about $70 credit iwth it... im sure she can afford that...
    \
    she'll be right, OP. the three months will drag until they're over, at which point they'll have flown :P enjoy your visit to oz, nice place... couldnt live there, but nice place.

edit: optus? opius?

something like that. optus, im nearly sure of it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

lol, you're in for a shock when you go down there and see the carry on that goes on in hostels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

She an inconsiderate bitch !

If you guys are young ish and not going out for years and years I would give you a 50:50 chance of being dumped on arrival or soon after.

I have seen so many younger couples go this way cos the action possibilites are endless when you get here and there is always something on offer, its too hard for a youngish couple.

I lost my GF of the tie at 21 in a similar scenario when she went J1 ing to BOston, I got there and things were not the same. when we got home it was over in a few weeks.

I did come over here however, 3 months ahead of my GF, all i can say is if I was not 31, in a very serious relationship of 9 years, with shared mortgages etc, I would have had troble staying faithful ! As it happens we got engaged whne she got here and have not been happier!

If I was you I would be looking forward to some action fest on arrival, a big regret of mine is not comin on a J1 or something similar when I was younger, in early 20s and still single....man the possibilities I missed.....:(

Just my jilted experience of 10 years ago which is still raw ! I got all the heart ache and she got all the action and fun while I was at home worried !

There are soooooo many fish in the sea over here so if it all ends you will have a wild time single - not a bad worst case scenario !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    lol, you're in for a shock when you go down there and see the carry on that goes on in hostels!
    Ah yes......Amsterdam hostel 87 and that chick from New Zealand who insisted she take a photo of evey guys ( those who let her ) cocks .

Memories .....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Update: She texted me her Oz number this morning and I called her. All's well. We'll call each other once a week in future and email a few times too. I just got a bit nervous. Thanks for all the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭SouthKerry

Guys i think ye are being too mean on the fella, yes the GF might get some action but then again she is with the guys sister so i doubt anythingf will happen bar a kiss in some dingy Irish pub with a guy wearing a Gaa Jersey talking about how he misses Glenroe on the telly:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

SouthKerry wrote: »
    Guys i think ye are being too mean on the fella, yes the GF might get some action but then again she is with the guys sister so i doubt anythingf will happen bar a kiss in some dingy Irish pub with a guy wearing a Gaa Jersey talking about how he misses Glenroe on the telly:D

He must be old if he's missing that, sounds like she's into some freaky sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

She's there with her sister, not mine. Anyway it's pointless worrying, que sera sera etc etc.

I have it all planned for you buddy, go on Plenty of fish.com get chatting to some Aussie women in the city you will be going to, If when you get to Aus the gf has been cheating on you meet up with one of these women and tell your ex you have been chatting to them for over a year and love them not her.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Confab wrote: »
    She's there with her sister, .

:cool:

if you want me to pop round and ,err, keep an eye on them feel free to send me the address :cool::cool::cool:

myhorse wrote: »
    :cool:

if you want me to pop round and ,err, keep an eye on them feel free to send me the address :cool::cool::cool:

Go on ya good thing:pac: whip it into her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Boys, can we tone it down a bit please? All this testosterone is making me nauseous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i thought after hours got a new mod there for a minute !!!

Advertisement