Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats

• 22-06-2009 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hey everyone,
    I am just wondering is it worth it to repeat if you get a D1 in modules in 1st year as I have heard that the first year results don't count for your final QCA - only 2nd 3rd and 4th year results. Can anyone confirm this as I have not done too well this semester, passed everything but got the dreaded letter saying I have the option to repeat some modules.

btw my cummulative QCA is 2.20 and my residual is 2.35. If I decide not to repeat can I still progress onto next year? So Confusing!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Hey everyone,
    I am just wondering is it worth it to repeat if you get a D1 in modules in 1st year as I have heard that the first year results don't count for your final QCA - only 2nd 3rd and 4th year results. Can anyone confirm this as I have not done too well this semester, passed everything but got the dreaded letter saying I have the option to repeat some modules.

btw my cummulative QCA is 2.20 and my residual is 2.35. If I decide not to repeat can I still progress onto next year? So Confusing!!

Yes you can move on to 2nd year as long as your QCA is above 2.0 which it is. It's also true that your results in 1st year don't count to your final degree award so you start with a blank slate in 2nd year.

sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know what the story is for repeating a final year. Do you have to do another FYP or can you just do the subjects?
    Can you pick the subjects you want to do or do you have to do everything?

My QCA is at 2.4, and even if i repeat the 4 D1's i manages to rack up in my final year (don't ask) it isn't possible for me to get a 2.6
    (needed for a 2-2 degree)

Advertisement