Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband help

Options
  • 22-06-2009 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Ok, heres the deal, the bro has the internet at home (clearwire) his laptop works fine with the broadband. I have had my laptop and broadbandthrough the job for awhile, but would prefer to use the one at home as it seems really, really fast.

So when I turn my laptop on (it is an apple mac) and the top right hand corner where ya click on and can get the internet, it opens no problem (says something about a port) the clearwire option is there but can't open it as when I do there is a little lock beside it and when I click on it it asks for a WPA password which my bro has now lost.

I rang clearwire but they were of no help (my bro rang looking for his password but they said they didn't have it, is that right ?) they said it was a reuter problem and I had to contact them directly ? but don't know where to start ?

Surely clearwire should have the password ? any help would be appriciated.

Jimmy Soda.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

It sounds like your trying to connect to a wifi router, at whcih point clearwire won't be able to help yuo as they didn't provide the router or configure it, if your not comfortable resetting it to defualts and reconfiguring it from scrath on your own i'd suggest contacting the manufactures support line who'll be bale to help you

[god knows my mum just spent 2 hours dealing with eircom & netgear cause she never thought to call me]

Advertisement