Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cache folder?

• 22-06-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

Hi

Myself and my other half have watched a couple of movies online recently, and now the computer is running slow and doing other odd stuff.

Ran the anti virus software and it shows no threats, so asked my mate who is a bit computer savvy what is up and he said that the cache folder needs to be emptied???

Again I am not sure even if thats what it is called exactly but just wondering where it is on the pc and how one goes about doing this.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Follow the instructions here for your browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There'll be a lot more junk files lying around which slow your machine, it's not just the cache.

Download ccleaner (crap cleaner) to clear out the, well, crap. Also cleans up registry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Cheers all

Did both of the above, but unfortunatley though it cleaned up everything the computer is still acting funny.

Essentially there is no problem until you try close a windoe and then it freezes and says "internet explorer not working, searching for solution" then it shuts the page and restarts to the home page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Might be wise to head over to the Virus and Malware Removal forum.

First follow as many of the instructions in this sticky as you can.

Advertisement